Pages

Wednesday, December 7

Why I get annoyed at beauticians :D

 I had drafted an entry earlier on how I think my skin has improved tremendously thanks to Perfectil Pills and Vitamin C pills that I have been consuming in the past 17 days...until I went for my long overdue facial. Gahhh, what is it with me and facials? As much as I love going for facials, there's just something annoying about them beauticians. Yes, and that's when my zits, which I have not seen in the past 17 days (that's a new record btw) decided to appear. I'd feel really horrible if I went on and posted about that entry while I sit here cursing my beautician and trying to pop them zits. Ok, so I don't usually curse . I mean, I like them and all, they do in fact give me the best face massage, but here are some reasons why I think beauticians annoy me. 

#1
 They tell you how terrible and dry your skin is and without first asking if you are interested to see a close up look of your face, open pores and zits, bring the mirror and fluorescent light just inches away from your eyes. What happens if I disagree and tell them that we should all love ourselves just the way we are?

#2

And then they suggest to you all these treatments that they think you need because other than open pores and zits and pigmentation, you have terrible eye bags. It's funny how even my boyfriend doesn't mention all those things to me. Or maybe he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings right? Ok, so they tell the truth, but their treatments are not cheap and for someone like me, who is still paying off the package that I signed up for, I'm going to stretch it as long as I can. And you know what they say when I tell them that I don't have the money what with Christmas coming, (who am I kidding, I don't even celebrate Christmas! I thought they wouldn't realize that) they tell me, "End of year whattt...bonus coming very soon." Pfft. Oh great, now you even know when I'm getting my bonus. Is it?

#3
 They get to see you in your ugliest angle. Hey we all know that, lying down on your back, with all the gravity, makes everything sag. 

#4

And just when you are about to sleep, they try to make small conversations with you. I don't mind this really, but if you are going to change beautician every 30 minutes for each different treatments and I have to repeat myself 4 times, then that gets pretty annoying. How many times do I have to repeat that I just went to Europe and that there's no snow yet and yes that bloody Longchamp bag is cheaper in the UK than in KL. It gets pretty annoying. And then ladies being ladies, they want to know what you bought when you went to the UK . Again, I don't mind this, but I feel like they want to judge how much money I have because.....

#5
As soon as the whole facial is done, they would persuade me to top up my beauty products. Starting with the most expensive 8gms worth of Vitamin Powder which costs a whopping MYR498 and I'll give the most terkejut beruk face (shocked monkey), but they wouldn't budge an inch. They will say how bad my scars will be if I don't act on it fast. "Takkan you mau ada hitam hitam di muka kamu". "Got concealer whatt." Followed by a fake laugh from them "Hahahah, aiyerrr kamu niii". Then when I resist for the second time, they'll show me another promotion pack where I will save MYR200 if I buy them today. Sensing that I will be a difficult customer or probably a cheapskate one, they will finally go for the cheapest product, which only costs MY39. But alas, I already have the cheapest one. Pfft, ..Hmm, of course I do get influenced by them too at times, especially when I have a bit of spare cash..But I've learned that if you jokingly tell them"Aiyerrr....so expensiveee your productss...I boleh pengsan tauuu..I mana ada duit", they will usually let you off much easier. I guess they too know how expensive their products are.

But if, they still don't let you off, stop and stare at their skin. Usually their skins are not that flawless even with makeup on, and ask them if they are using the products they are selling. If they say they are, stop and stare again and say, REALLY??, with eyes wide open. It will stop them and they will say "Adalah juga sikit-sikit I guna facial cleanser dia"

But they give me good head massage lah.

No comments: