Pages

Sunday, January 17

All eyes on me

 Stare closely at the  sketch below and see which part of the drawing does not look like me? It's pretty awesome isn't?  I've always been amazed with drawings. I failed my Form 1 art exams though. The crazy art teacher gave 80% of the Form 1 class an F. Honestly, how can someone fail art?



 See how well those cheeks form themselves upwards when I smile. And my eyes, well , they seem to pierce right through you, in a meaningful yet shy manner(padahal kecik sebelah mata!).*konon trying to write from an artist's POV.hakk ptooi*

A lot of people have had their portraits done by the artists in Central Market, but I never had one done before. So I was really surprised when one of my housemates presented me with a potrait of yours truly. Each of us girls received a potrait of ourselves, and it turns out that mine was the most accurate out of the lot. The picture was from the last Hari Raya open house at our crib. The butang baju kurung definitely gave it away.



We decided to put the oranges, just because it added more character to our portraits above. Haha.

I thought it was such a cool birthday present. Yes, I know, my birthday was way back in August,but you know, better late than never right? So you're forgiven!


So what do you guys think? Does it look like me?

5 comments:

ain syuhada jamaluddin said...

cikgu tu sje je bg fail..
keh3..
sebijik cam muka kak mimi!
waa~~

Anonymous said...

Mi yeah memang mirip mcm Mimi.A painting well done.Cuma mata mimi dlm potrait ni takde celak. not bad.happy birthday hehe

oops did I just say that? said...

ain:cikgu2 zaman skrang mmg camtu

dahlama sangat dah bday

ARZ said...

For my Senior Cambridge exam, which is equiv to present day SPM (taken eons ago), I took Art as one additional subject, with the hope of propping up my result...just in case. Guess what, I got an "F" - same like U in Form 1. Runs in the blood eh....

oops did I just say that? said...

Abah: definitely know where I got it from..