Pages

Thursday, November 12

To market to market to buy a fat pig

If you walk down any streets in Dublin, you are sure to be harrassed by the good samaritans who work for non-profit organisations such as Concern and Goal. They stand in the rain, cold and heat to get people like you and myself to donate money. Not a big amount, but with a minimum of €5 a month they say can save lives. But if there are 10 organisations out there in a day, asking you for donations, how do you refuse ever so sweetly?

So I have been donating some money(not so much though,I know like so kedekut right?) to Concern for a few months now because they say it could help lives of starving African kids and their families. They sent me booklets and flyers on their mission and showed what €10-€15 would do to change their lives. Their stomach is bloated because of malnutrition and mine is due to execessive rice and meat. They walk 5 kms to get water for food,drink and basically just to survive, but I have a water cooler behind me, which takes me 3 seconds to fill up a glass of water and I only drink a maximum of 3 glasses in the office. How fair is the world??So while they happily play hopscotch on the abundance of land they call home, I scrutinize my handphone playing a game called Milky Milky.

Last week I received an email from Concern on the updates of my small monthly donation. I was expecting to get a letter from one of the kids in Africa, or something personal written for me from these kids, but here goes:

Thank you for your kind donation. With your donation, we were able to buy Paul (the African kid) 2 PIGS. At first I was like oh 2 Pigs ni jenama susu kot. Then I read on again, it says. With the 2 PIGS, Paul took care of them and reared them and the 2 pigs have now reared another 12 PIGLETS. Hahaha, ok, so my money is used to buy pigs and I not only have I 2 pigs, but 12 PIGLETS as well. Of course in Islam I am not allowed to eat and touch pigs, but it is a creature of Allah as well isn't it? I mean, ok maybe it's cheaper to buy pigs than cows for the kids.

Saya ada 2 ekor babi dan 8 ekor anak babi. Babi sounds rude, piglings sounds cute. Hehe.

To market to market to buy a fat pig. Home again home again, Diggity dig.

PS-Kalau tak bangun semabhyang subuh seumpama diselimut oleh kulit babi.aiyoyo

3 comments:

ARZ said...

Mimi,

Donch worry. I will not piggy-ride on your donation. Whatever, the nawaitu is important.

Ever so proud of you my baby!

Anonymous said...

Mi ,nampak nya your good cause turned out to be pembiakan babi..no wonder swine flu semakin menjadi jadi haha...Tapi yg penting niat kita...

AJ said...

love ur blog mimi .. i am supposed to start one been saying that for like 3 years now? haha .. and i like ur "jump" pics .. hihi