I hope everyone, like me, had a wonderful Good Friday-Easter holiday. So most of the offices in Dublin were closed last Friday and will also be closed this Monday for the aforementioned holidays.Anyway, the same time last year, I was rotting in the comfort of my apartment and this year, we decided to take advantage of the long weekend and went to the Capital of Europe which is in Brussels, Belgium.
the streets bearing the flags of the european union countries.
I have been pre-warned that 3 days in Brussels is way too long and that the city is really that small and crowded. Well I think Brussels is a very interesting place to visit. Small yes, interesting, definitely, though I wished the people could be a little more friendly and approachable. Well, I suppose it has got to do with the language. French is the official language although some do speak Deusch as well. I've been warned how the French people are arrogant and refuse to speak other language, well I've experienced it myself,not the French, but the Belgians who speak French.
The flight to Charleroi airport was horrible,the plane kept hitting airpockets and making me a tad dizzy.But we arrived safely but delayed.
Anyway, upon arrival, we took the Bus to Zuidmidi, which is sort of the Central Train Station and paid 22euro for a return ticket. The journey took approximately 45 minutes and we were already sweating in the bus. The weather was hot.And it's only Spring! From Zuidmidi, we had to take another train to Rogier, where our hostel is. The name of our hostel is Sleepwell. I can't help but to compare it with the hostel that we stayed in Italy, and I'm terribly dissapointed with it. I mean, the bed is clean and all that, but we had to share 3 showers and toilets outside of the room. To top it all, there is only HOT water, so imagine taking your HOT shower in the hot weather. Mind you, there is no cold water at all, and you have to keep pressing the button thingy to use the shower.
So on the first day, Jaja, Naem and myself walked around the city, Grand Place, Rue De Nueve and whataver rues there were. I suppose Rue means Road or Street as most of the streets have Rue in the front. The town was indeed crowded and full of tourists and non tourists. There were alot of Muslims as well, and apparently they are of Morroccan descends, Which only means we have a lot of Halal options!!
Grand Place or Grote Park? was quite similar to Prague's main attraction where the astronomical clock was. Except that it only had buildings with horses and knights. You get my drift right? We wandered the place at night but was highly dissapointed that it wasn't lighted as told. Mungkin recession, maybe earth hour. I don't know.
There is also the famous Mannekin Pis. A statue of a little boy pissing. Honestly, I do not know the significance of the statue to Brussels, but as a tourist you snap when it says it's one of the tourist attractions.
No comments:
Post a Comment