Pages

Monday, November 12

"All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible."

Albeit my constant ramblings, panic attacks,emotional breakdown, pimple breakouts, sinful indulgence, late night chattings and last minute havoc, those did not deter me from holding the piece of script with pride. A 2.1 honours degree, with my name perfectly printed on it.

This is my second graduation after my Diploma , and honestly, the sparks weren't the same as it did the first time. I'm not sure i it was the weather, or that my hair was badly behaved, but I just wasn't in the mood to take lots of pictures.

Compared to Uitm's convocation day, the ceremony here was rather dissapointing. Perhaps, graduation day, to the them, is a serious affair, and not one, where you sell balloons, graduation teddy bears or flowers for graduate.
In fact, the whole occassion felt, somewhat, unofficial, with some of the guests doing the "African whistle" loudly, and some of the graduates, pointing their tongues while showing a peace sign. I pondered, and asked around, and a friend had this to say. "Because, Malaysia takes things too seriously, they take graduation a serious affair". Well, shouldn't that be the way?, I mean, if you were graduating as a PHD holder? Would you do a cartwheel then??

YOu won't see many pictures in here simply because, I look horrible underneath the makeup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. u dah grad with degree? how long is ur degree actually..? cool nya. hehe. so sekejap.. congrats big time!