Pages

Saturday, July 14

And the smell of bunga kantan,belacan, lengkuas and serai, blended with the Irish air, simply made the eating sensation, certainly, well worth it albeit the lack of cucumber,daun kesum and nenas. It lacked in the sweet and sour after taste.
Yes, I've been brought up with a silver spoon in my mouth. Yes, even while cooking up a dish, my family's maid have prepared all the ingredients needed. The chili would have been blended and kept in the fridge, so does the shallots and onions and what not. I would just have to add in all the ingredients and stir and taste it to perfection.
So when I was left with the cili kering, to be blended into chili paste, and to cut the right amount of onions and lengkuas and serai, I was left astounded.Equipped with an Internet and the telephone, I called my mum. Oh, the mum is in Kuantan, and there is no Maxis coverage there. The internet had all the recipes, but not the basic recipe or guide on to the how-do-thee-blend-a-chili. And, yes, as much as I depend on technology, nothing beats, being with old-skool-pro in cooking. Who else if not you very own mother, or grandmother?..
As much as I (think), I like to cook., there is a major improvement that needs to be done. It's back to basics baby.
So, that's all folks for my laksa adventure....

No comments: