I arrived early at class today and headed to Auditorium for Audit Lecture.Third row from the front, so as to not look too studious!Anyway, back to the more important thing, the leturer is Mr Pot Belly aka Mr C, who has a very loud voice. He re-capped what most of us has learned in the previous years and he kept reminding us INternational Students to be very careful with our English, and to not practice Rote Learning. Well, that is something that we,(Asians) must get use to , since our education system has been that way ever since. I really do hope I can cope with all that's been said and done.
The next class was Financial Reporting.I had wanted to start of my class with "Oh No, FR?Damn". But changed my mind the very second I thought of it, POSITIVE MY DEAR GIRL! and all is well. We had to rush up to the next class, and I had again wanted to seat somewhere closer to the front, as I have sight problems.
BUT TO MY HORROR!, I experienced my first taste of "KISASUIAMS", right here in Dublin, not by the Oirish, but rather,you guessed it the GIRLS FROM CHINA! Excuse me for being racist here for a second, but they had the cheek to tell me, that they had booked the whole of second row for their friends,( who i guess was busy stuffing themselves with pork chops). I had wanted to give the "Sorry-i-don't-undersantd-your-shingshangchongching-language", but decided to be very Malaysian about it. I mean, my chinese friends back in Malaysia, are not even close to being that Kiasu!.
SO to the back I went, and all those other CHINA students had also booked few tables and here I thought, we were all doing professional courses. But you know what goes around comes around right? The lecturer for FR,Mr Sheriff(as I'd like to think) did not even stand anywhere near where those girls were sitting, and was actually lecturing at my aisle. So that made me uber happy and satisfied, without having to put up a fuss.
The third lecturer came in, and her name is Miss H, she teaches us Finance 2. I had loved finance and investment during my Diploma days, and I really hope that I will like it too this year. I've heard most of the terminologies used, and regretted not bringing my books along. Anyway, MIss H, has a very curly MANE, and she had a very distinctive way of neighing,oops, I mean of laughing. I guess, she is a true Oirish, since she kept saying " Have YEE got everything I've said?!", repeatedlly, and after awhile, I figured, it was You, and it's their accent of saying it.
"SO what do Yee say, we go for Yee Sang?" Hmm..Must get used to saying a lot of Yee.What I noticed about the Irish, is that they emphasize on the letter O. Like School is pronounced as Ski-yul as is One is WON and not the typical Wan Tu Tree, but rather Won,Tuu,THree! So there you have it, my first day of lecture, and I'm already feeling shaish.
NOte to Ibu, I miss you!! and Mimi nak baju duduk2 kat rumah dlm 3-4 helai, and my pencil box and calculator. It's in the Saujana Paperbag from kerja dulu. If you can pass that to Anna's Sister. Hehe..
Btw, smlm berbuka kat Masjid. Nasi Beriyani ok! Ada ayam seketul sorang. Damn, I'm hungry already, I probably go for siesta before they comes back! Till the next time..Abah, do comment on my entries will ya!?
3 comments:
Ha...finally i get to comment (i hope). while you are in your messy curls dreaming or nightmaring, i'm here - up early as usual - and doing what i luv best doing, stare at the PC and work on the keyboards.
First things first, your Casio Calculator is nowhere to be found. Short of ransacking the house, you will do us a great favor by recalling WHERE ON EARTH or rather WHERE IN THE HOUSE did you place or accurately speaking, misplace the CASIO? It's certainly not in the Saujana paperback that you seemed very sure of. You can trust your Dad he'll know a Casio Calculator if he sees one. And see he did not, not in the paperbag, not anyway in the living hall where you can doze off within a few seconds, nor in the kitchen (your favorite place of abode), definitely not in the garden since the only people who goes to the garden is yours sincerely to toil it for the beloved children to enjoy the tranquility.
SO WHERE IS THE &^%$+_)(* scientific calculator. YOU TELL ME.
Bye from your "keep Searching Daddy"
heylo mimi...i love ur entires...so fun to read it...daddy says u got his genes la in writing...hahahha
Dear Dad,
thanks for searching franticly all over the house for my calculator..\
i wake up early here you know andthere's no time to nap in the afternoon..:)
Post a Comment