Story of my life searching for the right, but it keeps avoiding me....How I can look for the right one when I looked like this? Cek cek cekidaut, my IC picture from when I was probably 14. I hardly show people how I looked then, for fear of giving them nightmares!. I was also taught to not look at the past but to live in the present watttt...until I stumbled upon this picture......Lo and beholdddd!
| I was very tanned due to the hours of playing golf. |
Like this Guess watch that I bought for almost RM400 with my hard earned Internship money back then. It had 2 other changeable straps,so I thought it was the best deal ever because hey that's 3 looks in 1! Also because at one point, this design was very in. Sadly the other 2 straps have gone missing. So much for 3 looks lah kan. I had not used this watch for a few years because I didn't know it was dumped in that bag. Now I feel that I have wasted RM400 for nothing since I have not been using it.
And then I found a lot of the things that I had used and had fond memories with such as this obviously fake Dior purse. I loved the shape of it and how "rugged" it looked. I bought it on those random times that I went to Petaling Street after I got off the Pudu bus station from Perak. I secretly enjoyed walking, well more like discovering KL then. I felt like I was your typical Malay girl, going to Menara Gading (College), away from the family for the first time ever. And the "hardship" because you know, I needed to take the bus to a small town 3 hours away from home and then change to another bus before I could finally reach my dorm. Those were the days. So yeah, going to Petaling Street was one of them.
And amaigadddd guess what I found in that purse? Other pictures of Me!! OMG, since when do I keep pictures of myself in my purses? I surely don't do that anymore. Ohh..or maybe because digital cameras were not that popular yet, so I actually have a printed picture of myself! Muahaha.
Oh and these earrings below. ...A few years ago, when huge dangling earrings were not yet the trend, and I, for some reasons unknown had started buying loads of them and wearing them to classes. You must understand one thing about some of my college friends then. They come from all different backgrounds. Different is strange and strange is peculiar, therefor I obviously stood out from the rest. It wasn't my intention though, I thought pretty earrings , look ...well, nice. But I got teased for my different taste in fashion. I wore these earrings and I got stared at, they laughed at my earrings. But heyyy what do we know, about a year later when the trend finally hit Perak, you could see many people sporting the same long dangly earrings. When I wore white loafers they said I looked like a Nurse. I have bushy curly hair but almost 80% of those without the hijab had badly rebonded hair, do I get teased about my hair,yes I did.
And this piece right here, this is a belt that I bought in some RM5 shop somewhere in Bota. It was the nearest place we students could go to get KFC *double joy*. I bought it, just because pearls were so in then. *covers my face in a brown bag*
*amaigaddd* another one those things I had which my aunt had given me as a gift. See, she worked in Japan when I was 15 to 19. You know how crazy fashion is like in Japan, so whatever the school kids are using,wearing, she would get them for me. She insisted yonks ago for me to wear those leggings with skirts just like how they do now, but did I ever listen? No. But yeah, this bag now, I wouldn't use it lah I'm 26 now. Oh gosh, why do I still have it with me??? Vintage. Uh huh, live right up to its name!
| These were those hanging keychains for the handphones. Obviously again, it's from Japan. :D |
While separating the other whole load of junks, this piece of card fell to the ground. It was my membership card in JOMAS where I was an apprentice.I have always enjoyed my time there. The friends and the clients. And the tagline , Keep Fit, Kick Fat Kick Butt!
Ok so while we are the the topic of my life , let me tell you why I needed to show some of the necklaces below. I bought the necklace below in a Pasar Malam (Night Market) in Kelantan. Kelantan is in the east coast of Malaysia. If you have a look at it, you wouldn't have thought I bought it for Rm30. I know because I had a few people commented on it before. And then they will be all surprised that I bought it at a Night Market in Kelantan. Maybe many do not realise, a lot of the jewelleries too come from Thailand. It's either I got it cheap because I spoke in a Kelantanese dialect or it was just a steal!. She was really buying it that I was local, until I stumbled with some of my words that totally gave away that I was from KL!
Me:Hok ni beghapo ni Kak? (How much is this?)
Kakak: Mughoh ja ni. 35ya ja. (Cheap only, 35 bucks only)
Me:Takdok pitih doh ni kak, 30 ja ade (I don't have enough, I only have 30 bucks). The "ADE" gave it away. They don't say "Ade", but "Ado". *_*. Please excuse the picture of my pillow.
My father would ask me sarcastically, if I was going to "bertasbih" longer with this!!
So that was it, a little snippet into my life as a teen, young adult, growing up. The things that I sorted yesterday, they stood still for me. I left home at 18 and finally came back at 26. So these things were kept as they were when I left them at 18, and at 18, you obviously still keep some of the things you had when u were 16. Aish, such is life, but some of these things are definitely going in the trash can!
1 comment:
Those purikura sessions holds a fond spot in my memory. Teehee. Remember to flash those peace signs and look slightly above the camera lens. lol
Post a Comment