Pages

Thursday, March 17

It's all about the money money money

 There are a lot of things that are beyond our control but are close to our hearts because we experience them first hand. For some of , it would be to end child trafficking because you know someone who had to rebuild his live because he was tortured at such a young age.

 I'm not going to win a Nobel Prize for my thoughts on this, but if I ever become the Prime Minister, the first thing that would have to be revamped is the salaries of everyone in every profession. We do not have a minimum wage rule here, that Employers can put in as low as RM2.50/hour. That's just unthinkable. What ticked me off the most was when I read in one of the classified ads for a Managerial Position in a newly opened University branch from a certain European country offering, approximately €19,000 per annum!! Yes if you convert it to Ringgit it seems a lot. But what most people here do not know is that, that's a basic salary for someone without any qualifications in Europe. Well of course they don't mind paying you that kind of money. I'm pissed because a lot of us here in KL are qualified, overly qualified if I can say so myself, but because we are used to getting shitty kind of pay here, we take it with open arms.

No this post isn't about how much/little I'm getting paid.

So when one of my colleagues asked the trainer why all the Funds are being transferred here in Malaysia from a certain European country, she laughed and asked us to think about it. I told her it's because of cost. It is way cheaper here than it is over there. She smiled and said "To be politically correct, that's not the reason they told us, but well we know the reason why". I mean ask yourself this question, why not Singapore? Because labour cost is still expensive. Why not the other neighbouring countries? Because it's not seen as being political stable compared to Malaysia. And to top it all, being in the southeast Asia region, we are 7 hours ahead, so for funds with a cut off so early in the morning, we have people in Asia handling it. To quote my trainer, "People in my country are not willing to wake up early for work, but people here do not seem to mind the graveyard shift"  BIG SIGH. We do sound like desperate lots don't we?

Just so you know the earlier your shift , the higher your allowance is.

Oh but I've heard how a certain MNC is offering more than its rivals by approximately RM800, so everyone cabut laaa..It's a good start and certainly is a healthy competition! Just like employer who offers free drinks by Drinho. Well...that's a start. I think more people will join if Karipap/Currypuff is free flow too...Aiman tak kisah..

No comments: