Pages

Sunday, March 20

Do you really need them?

 Half of my boxes have arrived from Dublin. Take a guess how many boxes arrived?

2.Two. Dua. Ni.Dos, which by the way does not take a genius to figure out that I have in total ,4 boxes. One of the boxes has Zaf's amplifier that he bought through me. So what does that tell you? I don't have many things in possession.

Apparently never in the history of Malaysians in Dublin who have gone home to serve their country after 4.5 years abroad , only brings back 4 boxes and I was the only one.

I survived 2 whole months without these things, again what does that tell you? That all of us human beings do not even need as many things as we think we do. I have not even opened the boxes although I'm tempted to, just so that I do not have to use the same pair of shoes or be caught wearing the same clothes every alternate week.  

I have always been the butt of jokes because I keep my things from yesteryears. If I can still use them I will use them. And yes I can be sentimental when it comes to my things, but when the situation requires me to give them away to charity I don't give them a second thought. Obviously I don't need my winter jackets, the throw , the woolly socks and all things winter related so I give them away. Some of my friends still keep many of their jackets for future use. I gave some of my summer clothes too because honestly I know when I start work, I hardly have time to wear them here in KL. 

I tell them to just give half of their clothes to charity, except the expensive ones of course because in all honesty, you will still end up buying clothes or shoes or handbags when you are here in KL. Betul tak?

Or maybe all their clothes are the expensive ones so they don't give it to charity. Hmmm..maybe..Oh or maybe they have so many electronic gadgets as well..Ok ok I rest my case...



3 comments:

Amna said...

i brought home 9 boxes in total. 5 of them kitchen stuff from plates to glasses to cute apron + oven mitts. lagi 4 kasut + baju. and i miss them terribly. tak sabar nak dpt kotak. leh start memasak.

ARZ said...

Mimi,

Obviously U are following great examples from you know who:-)

Remember my motto : LESS IS MORE

Ace said...

No kidding? That's impressive.

I brought back 9 boxes after 7 years in Melbourne, which I suppose isn't too bad, although most of them were books. ^_^'

Welcome back?