Pages

Friday, January 21

Farewell Lunch

 I should have done this two weeks ago, but since I was either busy packing , throwing or organising my things to be shipped back to Malaysia, I just didn't have the time. I should also have made an  entry on my last day in Dublin just to wrap things up but I guess I didn't want to ruin my eyeliner. 

 As it has always been a tradition in my former Company to organise a farewell lunch for those leaving, I had one organised for myself. One of the A.M sent an email out to everyone in the office for lunch in Tonic. Since it was really still the holiday period ie; Xmas and New Year, there weren't that many people in the office. I felt really bad for making it a last minute thing, as I heard a few people complaining about not knowing about it sooner. Honestly, I don't quite enjoy being the center of attraction. 

One of my colleagues who used to hate me and would go all out to just tell me everything I did was wrong came for my lunch. She was even on holiday and actually drove all the way for  my lunch do. We became friends one day after this particular Doa that my grandmother gave me to be recited when faced with difficult people. Just like magic, we became friends and she would be one of those who'd listen to me gossip about ENT. Such is the power of a Doa.

The thing with having Matsalleh colleagues is that, they don't quite like taking pictures. It is only us Asians, I noticed who snap pictures after pictures of possibly the same pose (to get the slimmest looking), and a picture of Fish Head in a curry. So even though I love taking pictures, I just feel the need to respect their wishes, so you rarely see pictures of my colleagues and I for that reason. But it was an exception during my farewell.



Ju and the IT lady
With the Operations team
The guys in Corp Sec

The below are some pictures in the office with some of my colleagues. It was a Friday, so it's casual every Friday. Something that I will miss terribly when I commence work in Malaysia.
My Polish colleague

Possibly the best supervisor in the WWW (whole wide world)

Can you see the tinsel on the monitor? Xmas spirit

JM-Guy in Marketing

VC-The football maniac
Please excuse my clothes, I had not many choices left as most of it is in the box to be shipped!


No comments: