Living abroad wasn't how I imagined it to be. Hollywood corrupts your mind and feeds you with a lot of false hope and leaves your imaginations running wild. What you see in the movies are a year's worth of events all crammed into 2 hours. They don't show you what happens in between summer and winter, except for the fallen leaves. And that is how The Mamas and the Papas came up with California Dreamin'....I think.
 |
| All the leaves are brown |
Anyway, ever since I handed my resignation letter, I've been walking to the office with my eyes and ears wide open . I wanted to hear and I wanted to see. It's like I am trying to absorb my feelings and putting it all into memories so I will not forget. I do not want to forget how cold it can be during the winter months. I do not want to forget the thoughts I have everyday about having that Coffee in one hand, just so that I look like a Financial Analyst and most of all, the announcement they make at the train station, calling out to Blackrock.
 |
| Tara station this morning. Not a single soul. |
 |
| Just me and my converse shoes. I am going to miss casual Fridays at work. |
|
|
 |
| Inside the train or dart as we call it. |
 |
| Blackrock Station |
Gosh, how sentimental of me. I mean it is just a train station. A station. But it has been my routine every single day for the past 3.5 years. Walking to Tara or running on certain days, on the escalator and hoping for my Train master to hold the train for me. That dude in Tara, he is so nice. He recognises both Amna and Jaja that when he sees them waiting for me, he'll inform them that "your friend" left already. I mean, how many Train master does that for you?
My future kids would probably love Thomas the Train.
5 comments:
Mi,bravo for that sentimental writeup.And welcome home to mummy haha..
its never easy leaving something that has become part of us, but it will be in your heart always always .. err now we can have that coffee that has been eluding us !
After sometime in KL you will begin to miss the 4 seasons and the things you enjoy doing in Dublin...hehehe
Nice piece. Written from the heart
i am so going to miss dublin. i am missing it already!
Post a Comment