Pages

Friday, December 31

Last day of work

My supervisor just handed me a book. He knows me too well now. It's a book on choosing your career path.

"For those who are facing difficulties in choosing their careers"

Now there's a lump in my throat. I promised myself not to cry today. I mean, God, it is only a job right?. Nottt..Only that it was my first ever real permanent job in a foreign country. And out of all those people who went for the interview, he picked me.

So I am slowly deleting my emails, all those emails that I have been sending and receiving from my girlfriends. The smiles and laughter I get after reading those emails. I have been lucky. The girls that I live with; Jaja, Anna and Amna (step housemate) and also from the girls that I grew up with; Lent and Dee. They were, if I can say my emotional support, we stay strong for each other during good times and bad.

I'm also down to deleting my favourite bookmarks on the office pc simply because I don't want anyone from the office to know of the existence of this blog, or why I have "Lose weight in 30 days by Suzy Smith". No there's no such person I just made that up, but you know what I mean right?

I have also forgotton that today is New Year's eve. I have been so full of my thoughts lately that I have missed creating a resolution. Recycle my resolutions from two years ago, can? It is the last day of work for me today and it is the last day of year 2010. There were so many good times for me but I am sure 2011 will be even better. Amin.

So this is to my former employer, for all the good times and bad. I wish all of yous the very best in the future.

No comments: