Pages

Thursday, December 2

A different kind of bra that not all men like.

The truth is, I'm pretty slow when it comes to calculation. Yeah so much of being in an accounting profession. Truth be told, this is how I count the hours between 11pm tp 2pm; I will need to count out loud, 11 to 12 (one finger up), 12 to 1 (another finger up), 1 to 2 (one finger up). I don't know if it is out of habit, or if it is my own form of physical/ mental arithmetic. Alaaa you know the abacus trend back then that mothers (well my mother) coerced us all to join?

Anyway, Algebra..This is one topic in school that I will tell my kids/students to master from the start. The concept of Algebra is vital in all areas of studies and life. I don't know how well to explain it in the context of life, but everyone uses Algebra to solve the mystery the missing puzzles of life withuot realising it. Or maybe it is just my investigative/ curious mind that does it. If you are good in Maths then you would most probably be good in Physics. If you are good in Physics, and you are a guy, you will be one of the most sought after future son in law.

“Apa pekerjaannya? Doktor? Peguam? Engineer (Jurutera) ?Majistret? Apa??? Ahli muzik…???

Sigh, even if you do accounting, you need to master Algebra lor, then it's easier for you to do financial engi.neering. And so that you won't look as slow as me when I am analysing something with my supervisor, and it requires me to find out what x is, I need to this, although it is damn obvious.

If 0.20 shareholder redeems from a NAV of €5,000 m. You know how I breakdown the calculation?

0.20x=5,000
x=5,000/0.20
My supervisor who is an engineer by profession will always give me that " I cannot believe she needs to write that down, it is a simple equation!"
You know what is more embarassing doing in front of my supervisor? When I have to add/minus two negative numbers, I will have to say it in my head "minus minus minus... is plus". as in (-5)-(-5). Sigh, sometimes I envy people who are so quick, they might as well be a walking calculator.

Anyhow the snow is distracting me a lot. You cannot stop an Asian constantly staring out the window when the snow is falling...It looks pretty but it can be yucky!

No comments: