Pages

Tuesday, December 28

Decisions I have made.

I would just like to officiate things and let everyone know that I have decided to return to motherland, next month. It is not a decision that I made overnight, but have kept it to a few people, mainly for two reasons;

1) I have had enough people telling me to rethink my decisions, what with me still having a good job in Dublin, and the pay that will not match when I'm in KL. There are some things that money cannot buy. I've missed far too many important events and it is slowly draining my emotions, believe it or not.

2)Yes, the emotions that come with it. Telling friends and colleagues (that I have made in the past years) is not something easy. I cried when I broke the news to my supervisor. He probably thought I was crazy or I was forced to resign, so he asked me if I was sure. I cried hard. And then I felt so relieved.

I have learned to love this country. It saw me at a very young age of 21, with 2 bags in tow and not knowing that Allah had planned that I will start my young adult working life in a foreign country. It was hard for me to leave KL then, what with all the financial expenses that my parents, who were then, just recent retirees had to fork out for me.

As I sit and pack my life in these cardboard boxes, a million thoughts came to mind. I'm looking through the things that I've kept over the years and it reminds me of the person that I was, the dreams that I had as a young lady and the hopes of my family. It is hard looking at the Doa I jotted down years ago before I left for Dublin. I could still remember my late grandmother asking me to write it down and the tears she shed because we both knew that we don't know if I will be able to see her again. I was lucky she was still around the first two years that I was abroad. Sadly, she passed away last year.
The Doa that helped me with a certain colleague of mine.

The 100€ that my brother gave me, and the card he wrote to me which left me sobbing in the plane. Drama queen.


And then I opened another box which kept some memorable things but one that I had forgotten when I moved houses. It brought a smile to my face as I remembered all the little details about those things. The MP3 that Dad bought for me in China because I scored well in college, and how I listened to it on the way to my interviews. Among the other things in a bag in the box was the Elianto gel eyeliner that I bought with mom. Mine was in black and Mom's was brown. It was those mother-daughter spur of the moment thing that I love.



I guess I will have to stop now and continue packing tomorrow, so I will continue my story tomorrow too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

embi,well it was a good experience wasnt it?


p/s:i gave you 100 euro and u didnt use it?gimme back!hehe

unsettledsoul said...

It sounds like you are ready. My husband knows what you are going through. He has been away from Malaysia for 10 years now. Once I graduate from grad school I told him I will go wherever he chooses. I think I could get used to Malaysia :)

Good luck and safe travels!

oops did I just say that? said...

Aqim:Yes good experience and No the money is here to stay with meeeee :D

Suzanne:Thanks Suzanne. Malaysia yay!

ARZ said...

Mimi,

We were not pensioners. We were (and still are) retirees. Good to have my baby back. Don't forget the lessons and experiences

Anonymous said...

Mi, i can visualize the brave young girl towing her bag as she stepped down from the plane.But I have confidence in you and your ability and i believe u can do it wherever u are.My doa will always be with u.

FAIZUL said...

hey mimi.

i'll never see myself struggling at foreign country alone and u shud be proud of it tho.

slamat kembali ke bolehland. malaysia pon dah menang piala aff. ok tetiba jer. hahaha.

Hafizah said...

Mimi,

I wish u all the best!

InsyaAllah rezeki you kalau dah tertulis ,will be yours juga!!

Happy New Year!

Hafizah.

oops did I just say that? said...

Thank you everybody. :D