Pages

Tuesday, November 16

Selamat Hari Raya QORBAN

Today is Hari Raya Haji for us in the UK and Ireland. I am still wondering how it's possible that the dates differ from the other countries. Anyway, I'm at work. I only realised that Tuesday is Hari Raya Haji when I saw all the Facebook status of well wishers.

 I was trying to explain to my colleagues the meaning of Eid Adha, or the "second Eid" and as usual I had a hard time. For the Christians , I can , albeit not easily, explain about the concept of Abraham and Isaac, but for the non-Christians, I am not sure what to say and it can be a very lengthy discussion that I don't think I'm well equipped.

 Anyway, there was a picture of the pilgrimages in Mecca in the newspaper today. I had wanted to explain the concept of Wukuf di Arafah, but it's a bit difficult when you were taught in Bahasa and Arab and you don't know the translation of it. It is my fault that they say "Oh yeah, where the pilgrims go round and round", without understanding the principle behind it. Kau ingat playground??

I can't remember what we did last year. but I heard there's a small celebration in Malaysia Hall. God,  I haven't been to that place in ages. Hmm, what shall I make for dinner tonight, to kinda... officiate things a little. Lodeh?

To all those celebrating, I wish you Selamat Hari Raya Haji. Penat tau I korban masa tulis blog ni. :D

3 comments:

ARZ said...

In life we make sacrifices, some big and some insignificant. Amongst us, we differ in the tolerance of perceived similar sacrifices. It depends upon how resilient one is towards life challenges.
Sacrifice we must! Selamat hari raya Qurban my baby!

Anonymous said...

Mi, bubu masak kuzi ayam makan dng roti yg datang dari Perancis.Easy mah,pas tu nak gotong royong sembelih 10 ekor lembu kat masjid KJ.

Anonymous said...

mimi Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha...masak lodeh ker? Acu masak meehoon goreng jek...hehehehe