Winter is here once more. That feeling that you get when you step out of the office and it's already dark, it is hard to explain. The loss of daylight when you need it the most, and the warmth you long for after a long day at work.
Do you know what sucks even more? Opening the fridge and having your one week's worth of dinner crash right before your very eyes. Sambal summore. Do you know how long it takes to make sure the chilli cooks properly? That was meant to be the condiment to my nasi goreng, telur rebus or whatever lazy meal I decide to eat this week. It was my sambal. I almost cried because I am not one who usually cooks for a week's worth, so it must mean something when I prepare food in advance. I wanted to dedicate more time, studying for my exams in December. (ayat pancing supaya ibu bapa lagi sayang)
Kau nampak telur rebus tu? That was suppose to be today's dinner.
BIG SIGH.
Anyway, Sambal aside, I also actually made Nasi Goreng last night for today's lunch and dinner. It was your average nasi goreng with salad in them. And as usual, whatever I bring in to the office, will always get attention from my colleagues. So P*** has been asking what I have been eating for the past week. And since Chi, the Chinese restaurant down the block has Indonesian Nasi Goreng, he knew when I said "That's Nasi Goreng in the Microwave". "Ooh nice, I know fried rice, what else is in there?". "Errr, just rice.". He looked at me like I was crazy. But it is true, we don't have to eat nasi goreng with any meat what?? Or am I the only one who does? So in the end, I confessed and told him that I will be eating it with Anchovies. He walked away and said I was crazy! Hahahha. Sedap lah, you cannot enjoy Nasi Lemak without Ikan Bilis ok. You cannot enjoy porridge without ikan bilis.
My Nasi Goreng with the Best Sambal Ikan Bilis Kering Maat you can only get from Agromas in Mydin. Aku je ke yang beli barang kat Mydin ni? But one packet costs RM6 ok. But it is like the most convenient condiments ever. Better than serunding. Anda setuju?


4 comments:
Mi,sian Mi,dah le lapar ,jatuh berderai lah nasi goreng sob,sob...
sob sob sedih je lapar
sian nyer mimi....acu tumpang nangis gak sebab acu pun simpan makanan sebab malas masak. I must remember to buy the sambal ikan bilis when I'm back n KL next month.
Yay we get to reunion and do our hair together next month!
Post a Comment