Pages

Friday, November 19

All I have to do is Dream

When dreams are the only thing that doesn't dissapoint you, you'll wake up at least, happy. I think it is quite pathethic of me, but I had a dream last night, that I was in the car with my family, and as usual, when there are cars racing, ciloking here and there, (cilok is this word that my brother taught me, which is the street Malay word for drivers that swerve into your lane unexpectedly).My dad would automatically assume and announce that they must be youngsters in their 20's.

When I try to side my generation Xs and tell him that he can't be sure that all these drivers are youngsters, he would argue back with me and ask " Do you think a 60 year old man will drive like that?".

A 60 year old man with young heart would. >_<. ....Eh, what ever happens to never judge a book by its cover? Even if it's a moving book?

Anyway, in my dream, we were going for dinner somewhere and was on the highway when a black Gen 2
sped by and my dad immediately said " Haaa, Gen 2 hitam..Haa mesti si Zapri punya kereta". And yes, in
my dreams I wanted so badly that the car to be his, and tadaaa the registration number was W** 711. "Haaa bawak laju lagi....tulah dia orang muda-muda ni". And we all rolled our eyes.

I woke up happy because everyone in my family was in the car and Zaf is always the culprit. Anyway, that's not the only thing my dad would do in the car to annoy us. He will not let us have control of the radio. It's really annoying because I cannot get stuck in a traffic with Es Lilin . I would probably bang my head out of frustration having to listen to the song, while he simpers and continues to enjoy his songs, with eyes half closed and head swaying.

Do you guys have Dads who do that to you too? Mom is so cool cos she is not bothered with the songs on
the radio. Oh, you mean I'm the only one who doesn't have a usb loug to my radio? Oh wait, you mean, I'm the only one who has no car of her own? Pffft....

PS- OMG nobody knows Es Lilin. Only people of my dad's generation do. Oh why oh why oh why??
PPS-Mimpi itu mainan syaiton.

2 comments:

ARZ said...

Missed my es lilin with the 4 monkeys in the car. Dad has to be a sadist sometimes!

oops did I just say that? said...

Most of the times!