Pages

Tuesday, October 19

Letter to my 11 year old self Part 2.

So little one, how was yesterday's wake up call? Did you feel bogged down after the pep talk? I'm sorry,
we're Virgos, we tend to self-criticize.A lot. But be careful not to criticize others too much. There is a difference between being opinionated and judgemental.

So how's school treating you? I see that you are not part of the "in" group because you don't seem to look
like them. You don't even read Sweet Valley High like they do. It's okay, I know you don't care because your 1st brother has always warned you that the popular kids in school usually end up hopeless. But that's a bit too harsh. He is just trying to protect you from the cruelty of teenage hood, preparing you for life out there. But the girls are actually pretty nice. The boys are a bit nasty though.

You know, you should be thankful to have been growing up with such siblings and parents. They try to
protect you by giving words of wisdom and it is luck, you are the type who listens. You even listen to the selection of music from your Dad's and Aunt's collection. To some it may seem a bit sad, but you can happily sing to Engelbert Humperdink and switch to Diana Krall in a matter of minutes. But you requested for a KRU cassette from Veevern for your birthday present. Why Mimi why? I mean KRU is not that bad but Ooh La La?

Ok sorry, I know I'm starting to bore you, I'll tell you something more interesting. Hmm, Oh yes, relationships. Hmm, nothing interesting will happen during your years in school, because you can't be bothered, but you will enjoy school because you have many friends. Boys and Girls. You will be moving to a new school when you are in Form 2. Let's say you will change a little because government school will be slightly different from a private one. You will also be going to UiTM because our mother thinks that that's the best place to find you a Malay boy. But I'm going to need to teach you patience, so we'll keep the good part until you turn 21 ok?

You are actually a pretty curious child. Like I told you before, you think way too much. I'll ease your mind a little, will I? You will finally figure out why your mum kept a pair of tiny scissors that has a blunt end.
They are called Tweezers. You will find it useful later in to your teens and young adult life. But you will never ever figure out what happened to Bobo and Bibi, the characters in your Dad's bedtime story. I'm going to need to give you a spoiler. They never existed. Bobo and Bibi. You probably inherited your creative mind from your Dad.

Haha, I can see the shock from your face now. Poor you. I know, how it feels to feel dissapointed. Cheer up little one, you'll face more dissapointments in your life. In the mean time, go slow on the fried chicken will you? You'll be dissapointed to know the cheeks are still there.

Take care now, till I meet you again, when we turn 35. Love you loads.


6 comments:

June Malik said...

that long? come on, need more parts ler

ARZ said...

YEAH, when you turn 35...where will I be???

AJ will need reading glasses too, and won't have much time to read. A few grandchildren will be crowding her...ha...ha..

oops did I just say that? said...

AJ: cannot write too many nanti dia jadi malas.

Abah: you will be 70 and playing with Afeq's kids

FAIZUL said...

agak scary sebenarnya nak tulis surat utk diri sendiri...hahaha

Anonymous said...

lol.only your first brother protect u meh?

oops did I just say that? said...

Faizul: Scary?? Interesting ok. You ingat balik how you berfikir. CUbalah tulis. Lawak pun ye.

Acim: He always tell me stories about uncool people. You always buy me apollo. :D