Pages

Saturday, September 11

First Day



It feels good to be back for Raya after spending four rayas abroad. It feels good hearing the takbir raya on the eve of Raya, with your family by your side.

This Raya was spent with my parents and 2 elder brothers at our home in Subang. My elder sister did not come home for Raya because, well, ticket is expensive, and she needs to go back in December for our brother's wedding.

Anyway, it does feel somewhat different celebrating it in Malaysia after so long. My mom always made sure that Raya food is ready a day before, so that there's no last minute cooking till the wee hours of the morning. So there are no kecah kecah or kecoh kecoh in the kitchen on the eve of raya, like most families do.

Anyway, we all woke up early. That's amazing, because the Rayas that I remembered before always involved my dad honking at us to hurry up and leaving us behind to get to the mosque ourselves. I suppose the culprit who is always late is my sister (hahah), cos everyone was ready on time, this year.

We had our usual Sambal Hati dish and rendang and ketupat. There's no lodeh this year somehow....And I just realised I did not take any pictures of the food because I was busy indulging!!.

My mom bought me a very nice jubah which I am planning to use for Gina's engagement do this coming Saturday. My mom had on a white jubah, while dad's was green and brothers' were blue and pink. I know, so tak matching...but that's just us, no frills. You like you use, you don't like the colour don't use.

Yours truly after hours in a jubah. I was hot and sweating the whole time! Thank god I'm not cranky!

Second brother in his pink baju melayu johor. The boys in my family will only use baju melayu johor. No cekak musang business!
These brothers are typical Malaysians. Thumbs and fingers forever on the berry. Berry addict lah.

So after the loooonnnnggg tazkirah my Dad and Mom gave to us, we headed to our neighbour's house for the lovley briyani udang, and then to my dad's friend's house for nasi dagang. And our final destination was my aunt's house in Seremban for Nasi Kerabu. Can u count my calories now?????

So basically that was it. We had dinner in Tarbush the next day. The food tasted almost like the food in Dublin sold by the Indians , there wasnt anything Lebanese really about it. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Selamat hari raya again folks!

2 comments:

Ace said...

Nothing quite like home, hey? :)

Hope you had a wonderful Eid.

oops did I just say that? said...

Selamat hari raya to u too babe!