I wish I am a lot smarter and I really do wish that I can pick up any accountancy journals/financial times and actually enjoy, or maybe love reading them. You know maybe these journals are like Durian, they look scary and may threaten to hurt your fingers, but deep inside, their flesh is the juiciest, the lemakest (creamiest) and definitely gives you foodgasmic.
It's in these reading materials that one can gain that extra knowledge and put you above your other colleagues.You'd be able to hold any conversation with your boss without having to sheepishly smile a nod.Touch your hair or nose a couple of times during a conversation. Hey, don't you know that those gestural movements are signs of embarassment?nd/or guilt?
The thing with being the only female in the team of 5 is that, small conversations are always expected out of you.My supervisor works very closely with all of us, and he likes to discuss issues with us. No wait, make
that me. The reason why I think it's always me is that, when he asks randomly out of the blue, everyone else will pretend to hit their keyboard faster and harder than usual. (kau ingat aku tak tau korang pura-pura?) Damnit. I so know the look on pretending to be so engrossed with your work, you kerutkan your dahi and never once look up.
Takpe, demi PER , I'd let myself look ignorant once in a while, put a brave face and hope the words I use, make sense and are related to the topic of conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment