Pages

Saturday, February 13

What are you proud of doing this week?

 You know, I never did write in my blog that for this year, there are a lot of things I want to do differently. I've had enough of writing down my resolutions for the world to see so I am going to slip it in once in a while in my blog.

 One of them was simply to be surrounded with positive people and remove all the negativity from those who are well, negative. I have succeeded with ignoring his pessimist views, well he is not really a friend, friend, but I just happen to know him here. I started off with wishing him Happy New Year and he had this to reply, "Ahhh well just another new year, and then what? Goes down to the same old shit". Usually I would have just laughed it off, but I was taken aback and started to think why he had all these negativity on the very first day of the new year?

So I ignored his reply. Then just recently it was his birthday, to which I wished him a Happy Birthday. And yes you bet, he was being negative again!! " Ahh, thanks, just age, another day, another year, and then it's over. Same shit different day.". I actually told him that I am trying to be a more positive person this year and not want to be surrounded by his negativity. Especially so on days with occasions. I understand that we can't be happy all the time, but why the negativity on both important occasions in such a short span of time? He asked again "well isn't it the truth?" If you think is then it is!

Anyway I've been reading some blogs on staying motivated to do things, which one of it is of my dad's, anyway this other blog was asking us to write down one thing that you are proud of for doing for this week.It's a weekly thing and I think it is quite good actually I'm going to try to do it every week. 

I am proud that despite my annoyance at work(oh so negative!) with a colleague, I managed to make his day by wishing him a prosperous Chinese New Year. I told him about the Lion Dance and the Mandarin Oranges we get back in KL during CNY and the times when Lent's and Alice's mom would give me RM10 angpau every year. So I asked how's his preparation for the big dinner? Although he says that it's just going to be a small dinner with friends, I wish that he would enjoy himself. I am being honest and sincere because I felt really bad when I found out that he recently got separated from his wife and his daughter is now back in China. I knew that by telling him the bits of Chinese culture that I know of from living in Malaysia would make his day. Just like when somebody tells me all the good stuff that they hear about Malaysia.

And then he had to break my happy mood when he asked if I had heard of Little Tiger (litter tie gerr). I said No. " You haven't heard of Little Tiger?? They are very popular in China in 1988!" Pfftt I was only 3 years old la!!

ps-I told him that there is a Malaysian Chinese artist named Fish Leong and he didn't believe me!

So, what are you proud of doing/achieving this week? Tell me.It can be anything to everything, even if it's merely cooking a dish that you have wanted to learn in a long time.

3 comments:

ARZ said...

Good for you baby. In the training programs I conduct, I tell participants there are 2 kinds of people in this world.

The first is the NOURISHING ones. The other is the TOXIC ones.

Stay close to the Nourishing ones and distance yourself from the Toxic!

June Malik said...

well done mimi :) well this week apart from getting my ehem half marathon medal, i managed to convince another friend to try out jogging :) gonna be he so called coach LOL ..

Anonymous said...

Mi tell him about Michael Wong, who is also Malaysian.Go to Tourism Malaysia website n you can view him in the tv commercial for china market.