Pages

Wednesday, December 30

True Blue Malaysian


Just like you, I would do the same.

I would speak in full English and then 'selit' a Bahasa word in the sentence. All with a purpose; to find out if you are just like me, a Malaysian living/travelling abroad, usually happy to see another fellow countrymen in a foreign land.

And so two Malaysian girls did exactly what I would do if I saw another Malaysian at the airport. I should have played my part and turn around and say hello but I was too tired from the journey from Ladywell to Gatwick, that I did not say hello.

Chinese Malaysian Girl: "Eh, see see Malaysian passport right?"
Indian Malaysian Girl: "Mana?"
Chinese Malaysian Girl: "Depan ni.Confirm kan?"

I did not turn my head.Shame on myself, but really I was too tired, but I just smiled. I must have looked like  those people who think they are great just because they live abroad and do not mix with other Malaysians.Hehs.Sorry, I'm not usually like that.

I can tell if you are Malaysian by the words you use. No other nationalities would say "Line up " to get their kids to queue up. Only primary school teachers would scream at you to Line Up!!

Also, no other nationalities would question a question with a Right? or state a fact with a What? at the end of the sentence.

" We are going there, right?"  Is it because we think that we are always right? Kiasu sungguh.

"We can go there what." Did you notice that there is no question mark at the end of the sentence? It's because we, Malaysians use What in the sentence above to stress what we are doing ,but with an irritated tone.

And that is how I differentiate a true blue Malaysian from the crowds.






Spot the Malaysian sejati in the above picture. Hint:

a)one thinks Scottish shortbread is the next best thing since slice bread
b)one thinks New York is the best city to live in
c)one cannot live without say Eh! and Lah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes momot...shame on you for not acknowledging your fellow msians...huhuhu