"What paper did you write today?" my supervisor asked me. I gave him a chesire grin, and replied calmly, that it was called Business Analysis. I knew he was going to ask me further, what it was and how I did on the paper. Honestly, I didn't feel the same sort of relief I usually felt back in my Diploma and Degree days. It wasn't the type of heaving sigh you get after knowing that you have read and answered questions correctly.it was nothing more than my heavy breathing.
Heavy breathing for failing to look after my health in the days leading to the exams. Gym activities aside, food cravings one after another and horrible sleeping patterns. Studying for an exam gave me so many excuses to not sort my room, to not iron my clothes, (instead I would pull a top that did not require me to iron it), to buy pre-cooked meals from Marks and Spencer so that I don't have to think of what to cook. Did I, after all these excuses and horrible self pitying, played my part in actually trying to remember all the bloody Models there were to remember? No.
The paper was either you knew it, or you didn't. It's funny how your absorbancy level plummets after you have started working and ( oh, that is another reason for me) tend to take education lightly. it's a shame, really, because I like to google for information, I like getting knowledge, but I just hate sitting for exams. I praise how my supervisor, who has all the qualifications under his belt, yet his thirst for knowledge never dies. And he has a wife and daughter to take care of.
So while most of the candidates hurried off for lunch in their jeans and converse shoes, I was catching the bus to get to the City Centre so I could catch the 2.15pm train to my office. This year's exam centre was in Marino Institute. A bigger but further place from the old RDS building. I was probably the 1% of the lot who had formal wear on. To top it all, the weather was lovely, and I overheard some of the Irish were heading to the local pub. Aish. There I was in the office, working away till a little after 6pm, to help a colleague out with some audit queries.
3 comments:
mi, if u had peed on the tree daily iam pretty sure the tree would bear big juicy fruits hahaha...... good fertiliser mah?
mi, if u had peed on the tree daily iam pretty sure the tree would bear big juicy fruits hahaha...... good fertiliser mah?
ye p3 memang mencabar..huhu..doa2 jela examiner tu baik hati ;)
Post a Comment