Pages

Tuesday, May 5

Ohana means family

Studying alone during a long holiday would really get you in the head.No, don't get me wrong, I did not finish studying the whole book, I managed 1 chapter, i repeat, 1 chapter of the Business Analysis book.

You know how your mind starts to wander about when you had just flipped the very first page? The laundry, the internet, the washing, the meal,the pillows....and the list goes on? To add sugar to the donut (salt to the wound, eh suka hati lah peribahasa aku), everything you do to run away from studying reminded you of your family?

Fine, so after about a good 30 minutes into my studying, I decided that, perhaps my brain wasn't functioning properly and I needed to look away from my text book. So I peeked out the window, only to find Cycleways with its bright green sign almost waving to me. It reminded me of my dad and his love for bicyles.

So I turned around and switched on the telly. It was Kimora Lee Simmons on E!. That's the tv show other than Project Runaway that I would sit and watch with my brother. But it's pathetic sitting on the couch watching it by yourself.It made me feel more homesick.

I went back to my books, got another hour before my mind went to timbuktoo. I was thinking of my wardrobe which still hasnt arrived. I decided then, maybe if I did my laundry and folded my clothes, I would have a piece of mind. But much to my depression, my office clothes reminded me of my aunt. Then there's those flared skirts from her, the hand me down suits and shirts I received as presents.So I chucked it to aside and well well, did the undergarments.

And how, in the world would the undies reminded me of my mom? Because she would tell/reminded/pressured us siblings to get a pack of undies with our FIRST PAYCHECK! And then I laugh myself silly thinking how my brother will complain when my mom nagged us about buying the most important things first. Your undergarments.

It was so depressing thinking about my faraway family, I stopped studying and scrubbed the toilet. But I usually listen to Shakira's obsession when I clean the toilet. Every single thing reminded me of my family. Ugh.So sad :(



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

embiiii we miss u too when we went shopping kat jakarta, i got no gang to jalan with mah. sob sob. we miss u everyday u know!!and btw that pic of me is buruks gils!

ARZ said...

The pics of me ok la. But better still if me on my bike, more so if on my Surly...sob...sob

I bought NOTHING in Jakarta..wuuu..sob (100 x)

Anonymous said...

mi.pakai tudung ingat mi,pakai moisturiser ingat mi,peluk bantal bulat ingat mi,makan sedap ingat mi.Its all the time mi sob,sob eeeee

ur lala mui said...

hoi...kau suka kan buat aku nangis...nanti aku datang k...kalau kau lupa tutup gobok..mesti kau ingat kat aku kan...haahhaha...i miss u very much you know...if i eat anything i think of you...hahahaha