See I've had issues with my eyesight since as long as I can remember. I have been in aid of glasses since I was pre-school. yes, at a tender age of 6. I rememberd the first huge WHITE plastic frames me old man got for me and talked about it's durability, and functionality and not whether it suits my face or not. Oh, how economical.Heck, what do I know about fashion in those days. What do I even know now?
Anyway, one day in Ladybird (that's the name of my pre-school btw), when the teacher instructed us to write questions from the blackboard, I ran to the toilet. I could not see a thing.Nada. I did not cry shamelessly, but I sobbed and prayed and kept washing my eyes with water. Rubbing them both with water. I remembered praying in my heart "Ya Allah, tolonglah mataku ini. Why can't I see? I cannot see the blackboard, nanti cikgu marah". I ran out to my table and pretended to copy whatever the teacher was writing. I asked permission to go to the toilet again, I guess she got curious and asked what was wrong. Then I burst out and told her "I cannot see the blackboard". I couldn't remember much of what happened after that. It's only in my young adulthood life, did I understand that God doesn't answer your prayers immediately. Because he has better things in store for you.
He gave me a reason to wear an Armani spectacles. Haha
The previous night, the optician gave an eyedrop, which I remembered being like a glue, which is in preparation for my young eyes to be wearing glasses. See, my power back then was already almost reaching that of an adult. I looked like those genius kids with incredible IQ, but alas, mine was not the case.So my contact lenses and glasses are my lifesavers, as without them, my movement is quite restricted. It's genetic. No matter how many vegetables I eat, I can never get a perfect vision. Working 9-5 and having to stare at the pc all day has contributed to my eyesight problems.


6 comments:
kau bukan ingat kau buta ke...hahahhah...kesian...takpe la...still comel ma
wud u like me to blog about your cute baby face with the durable plastic specs you wore? Of course with pics!!
hikhik. kesian lari2 ke toilet. habit tu sampai skrang ek. tp skrang lari2 ke toilet sbb ngantuk buat keje.
a cute story!
Mi, bukan nak suruh pakai cermin mata plastic besar tapi masa tu takde cermin mata yg comel utk budak2 comel.Haha masa tu macam ugly duckling but now she has turned to be a beautiful swan.chewah nak bodek ni...
awwhhh your parents brought u up well... comel je lari pegi toilet pastu doa... kalau i dah frustrated sorang2.
Post a Comment