I didn't tell many of my homecoming. It was, afterall a short 2 weeks break from work. An expensive break I must say.
I'd rather not tell all of my friends that I was back in the land of good food because there will be too many obligations to be met, and having issues with time management all my life, I'd rather skip the meets then proceed with empty promises. I have afterall, one big body, one soul, a pair of eyes that seems to be costing me much more than my hair ever will and a pair of sturdy legs. And its with these mechanism that I was in Bandung on the 3rd of my arrival, Kelantan on the following Monday and in Perak on the second week.
And because language is my playground, I did not tremble when I needed to constantly put up a different dialect ,almost every 3 days when I'm in different places and with different people. Oh to hell that I've got commented on that my Kelantanese sounded like I was of a Thai descent. They obviously don't know that when you are in Italy or France, you have to at least try to speak their language before they will help you.
The Bandung trip, which lasted for 4 days and 3 nights left a big hole in my pocket and so did the increase in 'power' of my eyesight. I mean, if it's going to make me smarter to have 'higher' power, then by all means. But this, actually only proves, how geeky I am.
My only regret about this trip was that it was too short and I was too much on the go. If it was meant to be a vacation, it should have included the word REST. Alas, I feel like I have to divide my body so I can be at a few places at a time.
The good news is that I'm back, as much as Malaysia is officially home, Dublin has its place of its own. I have never felt more at peace this time around upon arriving in Dublin, The familiarity that comes with it. The face of the man and his toddler son walking to the creche everyday, or even the familiar voice of the cashier , calling you by your first name. The goreng pisang stall belakang rumah also doesn't provide you with the same comfort.
2 comments:
awwww...mybe cos u hv warm ppl around you =D
Mi, looks like u r already so at home in dublin.At least untill u achieve your goal.I m glad u r comfortable there.
Post a Comment