Even after 24 years, I still get people calling me Shamini. Maybe it's a more common name, as oppose to Shamimi,or they simply overlooked the spelling. Or perhaps, they have forgotton their ABCs!
Anyway it's the first day of work for many out there after the long holiday retreat last year, and while many are still groggy and slow in getting ready to work, there were already phone calls and emails waiting for me in the office. No, I wasn't one of them who took advantage of the holidays just so I could bum around, so I was mentally and physically prepared.
There was a long queue at both the ticket counter and ticket booth, It would be the same back home in Malaysia today,when parents queue up to send their children to school. It is the first day of the school term in Malaysia, am I right? Sigh. I have left school 6 years ago, and since I do not have any younger siblings, I am not too sure of the dates.
Anyhow, I hope everyone had a good rest and are up for the many challenges that are to come. My very own challenge? ACCA and for a pay rise. :)
1 comment:
another pay rise mi??? awesome! like seriously!
Post a Comment