Pages

Wednesday, September 17

These are snippets of conversations I've encountered before and the prank I played along while I'm in Dublin.

Stranger -So where are you from?
Me- Take a guess
Stranger - Hmm.. Philipines right?
Me- Mabuhay, No I'm not.
Stranger- Hmm, Thailand..Japan?
Me- Japan? You're way off the hook.

Stranger- Sawadikap?
Me- Krapkuhnkap
Stranger- Thai?
Me- Glares.No
(u masass i massass u)

Stranger- Ni how
Me- How how
Stranger- Goes yapping in Mandarin
Me- No, not Chinese.
Stranger- Stares confusingly
Me- Pupils silated immediately. Malaysian!
(my pressure to meet yew)

Stranger- Indian?
Me- Nehi
Stranger - I love curry
Me- So do I. infact, dip your poppadums in curry and the after taste is rewarding. Oh and chutney too.
Stranger-So why did you come here?
Me- I'm not Indian.
Stranger- Oh


Auditor- You have and Indian name
Me- It's M.I.M.I
Auditor- Yes it's Shamini
Me- No it's not.
Auditor- thinking hard.
(Shilpa shelty?(

Stranger- Malaysia is in...?
Me- Asia
Stranger - Yeah I know (rolls eye)
Me- Ok...and?
Stranger- But where is it?
Me- Do you know Singapore?
Stranger- Yes
Me- Do you know Thailand?
Stranger- Phi Phi Island. Phuket.
Me-Very good. Now, we are located somewhere in between.
Stranger- (hiding embarassment), Oh.
Me-Gritted teeth smile.

The thing is, I have somewhat slit eyes , tanned skin and a flat nose. How do I explain why I look the way I do? Well I don't blame them for getting me mixed up with the other Asian nationals. What ticks me off is the fact that many do not know where Malaysia or Kuala Lumpur is. Have we not have enough Malaysians living in Dublin now?










So if you strongly believe that you can differentiate the Nationalities of these girls. Than I say you are Championnn aaa!! (minus the one in MAS uniform lor)

4 comments:

Pourpres~ said...

dowh, I dun wanna play this game ah! I also can't tell the difference.

But memang la mims, muka you memang uniquely cacat. haha. takde specific label yg seswai sebenarnya. Ngahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Mimi dear,remember your keturanan its a blend of chinese and bugis frm your maternal side and thai from your paternal side.And of course the name is almost similar to the Indian name Sharmini.Tepat sekali muka tu macam tu haha...

paperheART said...

i get a lot of that too. mimi, i miss sri iskandar.

bono said...

MIMI!!!!klaka ok!!wahahahah...