Pages

Saturday, September 6

The first ramadhan weekend, was rather challenging for myself.

Back to basics,the first thought that came to my mind the morning I woke up, with a rather bland taste in my mouth. Damn the alarm clock, damn the handphone, which died "conveniently" almost 24 hours ago. You see, I never had an alarm clock to start with, since in this modern age, every Ali, Usop and Sontorian relies on their super canggih handphone to wake them up. Yours truly included, except that I don't have a super canggih handphone. It has lost all it's novelty during the mad handphone rat race 3 years ago. Sentimental value I must say, I don't depart with my things easily, a trait that I must've inherited from both the mother and grandmother dearie.

To top it all, my housemates did not wake up as well, apparently they couldn't hear the alarm. Oh SIGH, I was actually relying on them to wake me up for sahur. So probably, thanks to all the extra layer of fat (lemak tepu) that I have unconciously stored during the years, I could sustain my energy and could continue fasting today. It's another hour before the sun sets today, which is at approximately 8.08pm. Yes you heard me right, 8PM.

Anyway, so today we went to Argos to get a few household items , and when we got home, there were items missing from the package we bought. I was really excited to get the house sorted since Keenan started painting the house, and boy was I dissapointed. The shower head was not the right size and the hose was a tad too short for our shower. Two times dissapointed. Yes, I know argos is merely 4 minutes walk from the house, but it just brings my mood down.

SO I thought, ok, I'll concetrate on doing something else. I made the fillings for popiah and to my horror, the 'popiah skin' wouldn't stick. I've tried using flour and water, mixed together as well as tried using beaten egg. Also to no avail. Now I'm left with popiah fillings with no skin to eat it. Kesian my popiah so togel....:(
So I am calming and basking myself to the recitation of Quran from youtube.com. Have a blessed Ramadhan everyone. Amin

5 comments:

Pourpres~ said...

Awww poor you. Tuhan menguji di bulan puasa yah. All the best!

Anonymous said...

First day test my dear. Ketahanan batin - bertahan kerana lemak tepu!

MOTIVATOR

Anonymous said...

By the way mi, did u kukus the kulit popiah tu.sbb tu tak lekat .Mayb u sd give a try sekali lagi.Good Luck.... Bubu

Anonymous said...

mims,email address pls?for my blog.

Miss Aida said...

Ah, the trials.

Hopefully the rest of your days fare much better. :)