Pages

Saturday, August 23

I've never thought of UiTM as a school solely for Bumiputras. Instead, I saw it as an institution, nothing more, nothing less. When I applied for a place in any of the IPTAs, I applied for UiTM, simple because it was the only one neareast to home (and an entrance to UM would be through Matriculation,which I declined because it was far from home)..., only to find out later that I was thrown right in Bota, Perak.


I knew that there were a lot of Malays in there, but I was not aware that it was only purely for Bumiputras. Don't start blaming me for my ignorance, my siblings were all graduates of Lim Kok Wing University, and none of them ever applied for local universities.


In less than 2 blog hopping I did, 2 had a lot to say about Selangor's MB increasing a quota for non-bumiputras to enter UiTM. Many rant on and on about how only in that way, can there be equality among us Malaysians, and that we are all Malaysians, and shoudn't be a Chinese/Indian or Malay.


If I am correct, melentur aur biar dari tebingnya, then shoudn't we start demolishing Sekolah Tamil/Sekolah Cina and Sekolah Melayu, and just have one type of school so that everything and everyone is on par with each other? Rather than the MB going on about allowing non-bumiputras, go ahead and vanish sekolah venakular




So i get free food from the Dining while I was studying, and managed to save lots of my PTPTN money. And what do the majority Bumiputras do with the loan that they received? Buy food from outside,namely makcik fatimah harun cekik darah/mamak/beli topup/beli handphone, oh and multiple trips to Jaya Jusco. Yang paling hebat, giler kemut nak kluarkan duit for books. katanya thrifty?!!



Rather than have a protest and walk 10,000 miles to get your message across,I think they should spend their time wisely,ie studying/making money/playing sports. In a forum in my former alma mater, a girl was indeed very proud to have participated in the protest , just because everyone else went for it.Okayyy

Honestly, it woudn't bother me if 10% goes in or not, because the real battle is within yourself. The problem with most Bumiputras or Malays, is that, they do not know how to take advantage of what is given to them. So heck, I got into UiTM, which provided me with cheaper education, it does not make me worse that other graduates from other Universities. It saved my parents' money so they could then send me to Dublin to further my Degree. (Ye, Gomen hanya sediakan scholarship untuk bidang kritikal seperti Medic, and none for Accounting, ye PTPTN jugak tidak mengconvertkan my loan to scholarship despite a 3.8 CGPA. Ye, mungkin sebab graduan UiTM je kot? Diploma tu tak cukup bagus..kata orang)..

And again, ramai menyangkal, kata kalau kat UiTM boleh lah kau dpt 3.8 CGPA sebab semua Melayu, takder competitors. Soalannyer sekarang, aku nak kena compete dengan siapa? Degree bukannyer sekolah kena ada nombor satu ke dua. I studied for my exams, so itulah resultsnyer...The real competition is in the real working life. So kalau orang kata senang nak dapat pointer tinggi2 kat UiTM, kenapa tak semua grad with at least a 3.00??

So where am I now? Alhamdulillah I graduated with a degree, and I am currently employed with one of the coolest Fund company, preparing financial statements in Dublin. So siapa kata graduan UiTM tak laku??

Disclaimer- Jangan lah bagi mereka yg kolot pikiran pk, oh kalau grad uitm boleh senang cari kerja. You've got to be fully equipped my dear, confidence is the key to success I must say?

5 comments:

Pourpres~ said...

i sokong the abolish them vernacular schools. That's where the segregations begin.

I'm linking you can right? I'll give a fancy schmancy name for u

Miss Aida said...

My sisters are both from UITM, and they've both said many great things about the actual syllabus.

Yet, there are so many criticisms of the actual graduates. Perhaps it is the lack of competition that causes this complacency.

I dare say they could use a little shakeup.

ARZ said...

Ever so proud of you. We never raised the 4 of you on racial lines, because we do not propogate such thoughts.

We also raised you all to be street-smart, and not to be dependant of support, be it government or individuals.

We did not apply for any scholarships for you all. We paid for all your education. We too were raised to be street-smart!

If you think YOU CAN, you are correct. If you think YOU CAN'T, you are also correct. The battle will always be within onself

Pourpres~ said...

happy merdeka day orang jauh. you're tagged!

Anonymous said...

sorry lambat post comment abt this but yeah whatever u said tu sgt betul! I mean come on lah, who said belajar dkt uitm tu senang? we all worked equally hard to achieve our first-class degrees, and mcm la dkt local unis lain takde student pemalas.tak kira la malay ke, chinese ke, indian ke.. so its no big deal. Uitm is just a platform.it's up to u to make it happen. and we did it, kan??hehe.