Pages

Sunday, May 11


She'll be the one to tell me that, that piece of cookie I'm eating is "benda manis" and to stop munching on "benda manis". She'll be the one to tell me to eat only after 4 hours, and to not gobble everything up so fast, and suggest we all eat brown unpolished rice because it has fewer calories and it has higher nutrition contents,albeit the bland taste.
But she is also the one whom I call every other day to whine and complain because I think my work is stressing me out and I feel fat, but having her back me up and say to stay strong,twisted with "Oh, Ibu lupa haritu masa Mimi balik, nak bungkus kan Burger Ramlee yg frozen, kan sedap kalau dapat makan kat sana kan?".
She would go all out despite the rain and sun to USJ11 to order Murtabak Johor/Singapore for me, knowingly that it has meat and eggs wrapped around to add to the kilos. Despite her concerns with the bad eating habits that we have, she wants us to be happy and contented. She doesn't want me to feel homesick.
And everytime I call and have the urge to return home to Malaysia, she'll be motivating and telling me that "alah, bukannyer best pun kat Malaysia ni, semua orang pun kerja, masing-masing busy". But when I came home last April, she went around the malls with me, entertaining my "Ibu, mimi nak beli bag tu,kaust tu, baju tu". She'll wait on patiently as I try out the clothes, and chooses some of the shirts I bought, and despite the price, consoles me and says it's okay. And went ahead to swipe her card for me. (but I pay her back in Euros ok!)
I probably inherited her love for shoes and bags, while she was still working back then. Whenever I feel the desire to purchase a bag which is a tad too expensive, she says it's fine if you buy a nice,quality,expensive bag but you have to take good care of it.
But she never lets me astray with all the materialistic thoughts in the world. She made sure we gave back some to the less fortunate. Being the financial controller of our home, she collects from my Dad and siblings and off to Mydin to buy the basic necessities for this home , somewhere in Selangor. She always made sure we remember that all the good fortunes come from Allah and we have to always remember HIM in times of good, or less favourable.
And my mom, she never lets us down. Even after a long day at work, she would still drive to Old Klang Road with my dad to send us for tuition classes, and later wait for us in Yaohan, and deep down, I believe she still remembers the Yaohan theme song. And my mom would be the one to bring little treats back from work. I remembered her bringing me back a Tracy Barbie doll, out of nowhere. And I still remember her giving my sister money, so that my sister could purchase all the Sesame Street dolls from Mc Donalds. Every single one of them. Sigh, I miss being a kiddo sometimes.

I would say that all her hard work in sending us for tuition classes as well as for Music/Sports classes pays off well. Well, if it's not for her idea and plans for me to pursue my degree in Dublin, I would not have enjoyed myself this much then.

And now that she no longer works, she prides herself in her game of golf, usrah classes and organising events. I like to see her enjoy herself with her friends now, yet she never fails to be there for all of us.

So to Ibu, Have a wonderful Mothers Day, and enjoy your day! Love you!!

P.S- To Acu and Acik as well! HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah ebi so touching your entry. but dont forget that i also swipe my card and teman you shop for hours :p..oh and u still owe me presentssss!

paperheART said...

ur mumma looks hot in that last photo... :D

eyh where do u guys send baju2-yang-elok-tapi-tamau-pakai-dah to?

Anonymous said...

sob,sob emi jauh.Bubu dpt addidas golf shoes baru,makan di sari ratu from lala and buah manggis from my adopted daughter Hazu.Tapi that old man pun dpt Baskin Robbins from Hazu .Kacau je tunggu le Fathers day kan.

Anonymous said...

Ha..ha..Momoi dekat...from mainland Europe where KM originates. If wait for Dad's Day for BR, I will be famished.
Anyway, very touching message...now I sob...sob..

FROM: ANONYMOUS 2

Anonymous said...

kau jangan la buat aku nangis....sedih la cerita nie...aku teringat....:( yeah...mummy is the best kan mimi...ibu je yang melayan kalau nak macam mcam...:(

-lala mui-

Miss Aida said...

Sometimes you really underestimate how precious your mother is until you sit down and think.