Pages

Monday, April 21

And getting back to work after a 3 weeks break is very demanding. While your mind still lags behind time, and you can't seem to figure out whether the auditor is just there to make your life more miserable or more miserable, you wake up and remember the damage your holidays has done to your pockets. A full blow to your month's salary. So with a heavy heart, you continue your work.
Then mid-morning, when hunger attacks,you reminisce the memories of snacking on keropok lekor in the mornings, teh o ais sessions and endless stuffing of kuay teow to compensate your state of misery.
With all honesty, 3 weeks of Malaysia, could really get to you. I mean, even the familiarity of the Dart rides now feel somewhat strange, with one too many blondes blocking my views. The titty-tatters of Irish English, when I'm slowly getting used to the exaggerated Lahs in conversation. Even my spoken English is now at it's worst state, as I struggle to find the right words to use, without further explaining myself with "you know right..this fs right..".
I laugh at myself sometimes, because I know that only Malaysians explain themselves with a right at every sentence. Am I RIGHT?.Ah, oh, and I brought Kerepek to the office to give to my colleagues. They didn't quite like it. So, it ended up in the stomach of us Malaysians.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are these apricot flavored chips mimi?

Miss Aida said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday! :)

Anonymous said...

mi, for the money i,m glad that u r part Irish.The massage, the Parvus with Dr Aidil,the kopitiam n all the endless gifts,Thank u,But still we want u back for good di tanah air mu malaysia.

Anonymous said...

Stay longer baby. Gain the experience, save more and.....and then return.
From: Koga Miyata