Pages

Saturday, October 27

It's the long weekend, and many people are taking advantage of the bank holiday to go back to their hometown.If only I had a hometown, which is just an hour away, I swear I would've jumped on the next plane home.
Our very own Kelab Umno Dublin organised 3 G Dublin Week. Nope. not some gadget technology shebang show, but an acronym for "Gig,Game,Gather". It's a new event, starting only this year, hoping to gather Malaysians from UK and Ireland to basically get together. I would say it is a wee bit more MUhibbah this time around, as I could see more Chinese, Indian and Malay(of course) faces.
The gig was held yesterday in RCSI (Royal college of Surgeons Ireland) theater. For 5 euro a ticket, we were entertained with 10 bands playing. I would say, it was my first time sitting in a gig. Quite funny don't you think? No jumping,head banging thingy going on. I was there to support my friend Fendi, who did a marvellous job with his bass.
There were a lot of bands that were really good, I must say. Kudos to them, for entertaining,albeit, some of the bands , should have their vocalist changed.LIKE SEriOUSLY!!But, no, I'm not in the mood to 'kutuk', because, well at least they are brave enough to perform infront of people. If I was up there, I would've probably peed in my pants first thing.
Anyway, the futsal game is held today, and since it's all the way in Belfield, which requires me to get ready early in the morning and taking a bus, I chose to snuggle.And I'm not playing because I have no time for training , and I am not in my best state right now. It might juggle way too much. *runssssssss*
After the gig was over, which was about 11, we were all HUNGRY!, and since I had not eaten anything since 6, we all went to Charlie's. A chinese Malaysian restaurant yg jual kuay teow keranggg.10 euro!!, but udang dia besar-besar.
It's time like this, after a gig/movie/clubbing, you miss Malaysia, and it's nightlife. The city that never sleeps, Kuala Lumpur, where Mamak stall is of abundance. Where you can get cheap good food anytime, anywhere. Where you could run to the next 7-11, even when you need to grab a bag of chips. Where it's not freezing cold if you just wanna hang outside of your house. Where you do not smell urine every 5 steps you take. Where you could possibly wear anything you want and it doesn't get all chilly in a short 10 seconds.Where you could makan burger ramly beside the longkang, and savour every sensation in the bite.
Life always looks greener on the other side of the world,(tapi ireland mmg known for it's green colour), but it's not always that green.

No comments: