Pages

Saturday, September 29

It’s been a really crazy week .What with my dry cough eating my throat away,and bumping into a stranger at one of the most unlikely place.

Ok, so before my parents freak out, nothing bad happened, but, something rather funny happened. Ok, bear with my story from start to end, and tell me if this dude is a psycho?. Anyway, last Wednesday I went over to Amna’s house to break fast, and before going to her place, I went over to Supervalu to get ice-cream for her. There was this guy(who seem to appear from no where) and said Hi to me. Honestly, I thought he was this guy from Myspace, who had messaged me earlier last week about Malaysia.

So anyway, initially, I didn’t want to say hi, but I thought, oh well, why be so arrogant? So I returned my Hi and kept walking, and he just followed and introduced himself as Andrew. I thought, Oh, what the hell, let’s just have more friends from around here. (Oh, I forgot to mention, he is Irish)

He followed me into Supervalue while I bought my stuff, and started talking. You know, the usual stuff, where you are from and what are you doing for a living kinda thing. Yes, and he thought I was from the Philipines, Japan or Thailand. Chaitpodeyh.Anyway, so he walked with me to Amna’s place, which was just about 5 minutes from Supervalue. He asked “Oh, would your friend mind if a stranger hangs out?”. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a stranger in a house, plus how do I know if you are not dangerous. Right up front I said.

So he asked me out for a movie the following day, to which I said no to, then he asked what about on Friday then. So I thought, ok why not, since it’s a Friday and my friends and I , already had plans to watch a movie. So he took my neighbour and he left. I would’ve thought, that’s that. The next day at work, he texted me and all that shebang. I replied like once in a span of thirty minutes after the message.

Ok, to cut the story short, Amna, Harris and I we went for dinner yesterday in Han Yang, and so I thought, instead of the movie, we could all just go out and eat, But, no, this dude, wanted to watch a movie badly. On the way to Han Yang, he made those typical teen Hollywood movie “hey, what’s that behind your ears?”. I was like what?? Jeng jeng jeng, he gave me this really ugly teenish looking chain/necklace. I was like err oh ok, err thanks? But I’m not wearing that, I told him.

I was starting to feel weird, like why are you giving me a chain/necklace. So anyway, while we were eating, and introducing Korean food to him, which was mildly hot, he kept asking about the movie. We were all suppose to go watch a movie with a bunch of friends, but he was like “oh why can’t we watch a movie just the two of us?” I was like NO, a firm NO. So he asked me if he did something wrong, I was like no, but I only go out with my friends, never alone.

That’s when he asked me the most unthinkable question “ So, like are you seeing someone?” So, Amna practically stopped eating and looked at us. I , myself was honestly stunned. “Yes I am.”. Is he the guy? Pointing towards Harris, I was like Oh, no, not him. “So is it a serious one?” I said “Yes, in fact we have been going out for a 2 years now.”. And his face got so red, he looked down and then said “ oh, I thought we could be more than that”. I was like Oh NO, of course we can’t. I don’t think you understand our culture; we don’t just suddenly start dating or whatever you had in mind. I told him that Oh, I thought we could all be friends and you know hang out and stuff. He said “ No, I thought we could be more.”. I said look, sorry dude, you look mad. He looked down, and said no, I’m HURT.

I swear I wanted to laugh Like why are you so hurt? I never said or made anything for you to fall in love or whatever. That’s pure bullshit and something I hadn’t expected or it was just something like out of a movie.

“What’s my part for this? He gave me 10 euros, and left the table. Like that’s it, and walked away , looking really red and upset. Well, I was stunned but also, afraid. Afraid that he might come back and do something really silly. I was really that scared. But, thank god, everything is ok.

I deleted his number and pray hard to Allah to keep me protected from weird people. So, we all did not watch any movie and headed back to Amna’s crib to watch dvd instead. So, that’s it folks. A reallllllly realllllyyy weird and funny thing that happened to me this week. Freak, And just s he knows, I’m not that typical Asian, who fancies just any other Whites. Period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good girl. always know your limit .remember what mummy say dont talk to strangers.

Anonymous said...

emi y u no reply my email wan?anyways im suggesting u come down to edin before going to london.ryan air got flight for 12pounds.i can belanja ur trip down to edin wan.so your route should look like this:dublin-edin-london-manchester-dublin.
okay tak?need u 2 confirm soon coz i nak book the ticket for u.too mahal for me to go down to london jer plus got no place to stay.please reply my email soon k.btw hope the matsalleh guy tak kacau emi!and please let me know the watch u want,i need the serial number.thanks

Anonymous said...

mi u have to book the flight o the 18th soon coz ada theres a flight for 12 pounds on the said date.but the flight is at 650am.