Pages

Wednesday, September 5

I have been neglecting my blog for quite sometime now. I think it is what people call , a writer's block. I miss being able to pen down my thoughts in a humourous flow. I miss having people reading and laughing to what funny experiences I go through daily.
It was the Merdeka week ,last week, and all I did was go to a BBQ held by Malaysian Hall. The spirit wasn't there albeit us,wearing Kebaya tops. It was more of just a social gathering, nothing to brag about.Those are the times when I wish I am back in Malaysia, and it is Malaysia's 50th Independence Day. It is something, us Malaysians should really be proud of.
How Independent are we? One questions, one wonders, and one points in the direction of others. I know I am financially independent now. I am proud to be one 'anak malaysia' living abroad. playing my role as a 'mini ambassador' to my country.I am proud to say that it proves that "kita, anak Malaysia, kat negara orang, orang hormat kita, bagi kita kerja,bagi duit". There's this indescribable feeling I have when I walk to the bus every morning. The feeling of pride, (in my Zara suit and court shoes), that I have made something out of my life. I have proved people wrong.
Just today, I met an old man, who knew there were Malays,Chinese and Indians in Kuala Lumpur. Yes, he asked what am I. He knew there is an LRT in Malaysia. He knew our currency.And he probably wnated to test how my knowledge is, and stared asking the exchange rate for Ringgit to Euro, GBP and to Yen and Reminbin. What else can I answer? Of course I knew my cards well. He was left awestruck. So today i felt good.
Anyway, just to mention that I miss my Gina and Zehan. Paging for you girls!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oink...oink....don't miss me one hoh??? After all, dah financially independent..(kan Amna kan?)

paperheART said...

babe. i miss u. eventho u didnt mention my name. damn. have fun being one helluva anak malaysia dia negara orang. u go girlll... wahahahhaha

Anonymous said...

i am so bangga you mentioned me. i miss you tooooooooooo mimi. -habibiZ.