It's one of those huge events held in Ireland every year; St Patrick's day. Being a first timer, I was all up and ready by 9 to catch the event.Semangat kan??However,I only managed to get out from the house at 12. Donning a tall green leprechaun hat and green top, I really felt as though I was a walking vegetable, or a member of the fruit family.
But, I met other green " Patrick enthusiasts" too!And there was a sea of green humans! Ark! I could've been squeezed into the sea of people. One thing I enjoy celebrating events abroad, is the fact that everyone else is such a good sport and doesn't give you a horrible look if you are all dressed up for the event albeit their horrible drinking habit!
We headed to O' Connell Street to join in the fun albeit human traffic. We stood outside Hickey's pharmacy and I managed to stand on this little platform outside, and snapped away happily. Even dancing to the Bhangra songs from the Singh troop during the parade. The parade lasted around 2 and half hours. They were typical parade, with marching bands, and other colourful dancers from all over town and country.
There were even a monster and a Cinderalla lookalike, which I can't seem to find the significance? Go ahead and enjoy some my cool sightings for that day. Oh and ermm my alter ego pictures aight??
Ok,ok I know all my shots are not what you call good shots, but give me some credit lah ok?? I had silently compared my camera with my dad, only to see the African guy beside me, still with a KODAK camera! And thank god, my NIKON COOLPIX is digital.
So there isn't much to blog about the event, but I had heaps of fun,despite the cold-biting wind. My friends and I, ended up in Temple Bar after the event and continued having fun taking pictures. It's funny how other locals and foreigners wanted to take our pictures and have their pictures taken with us! Dah melayu, kalau tak berpuak-puak tak best la kan?
I headed home with a huge smile and contented face. Only to have dread the study session, that I imposed on myself. The day did not end there, we headed to the funfair at Merrion Square and let loose once more!Gelak bagai nak rak, menari bagai nak tarcabut siku2 ok!Ok, I'll continue tomorrow ok?
No comments:
Post a Comment