Dear Dad and Mom,
These are the list of expenses that has occured since arriving in Dublin. Firstly, I have returned Kak Sue's 20 euros. SInce, they were very kind to have picked me up at the airport, I could not have rejected Anna's offer to what I presumed was just window shopping.:).
So Anna and Waheed brought me to Penney's, and the name says it all- A penny for your thoughts right?. So thought I did, and I thought of a really nice handbag and a really nice stripey top.It was only 7euros altogether.:)
The next day, since everyone else had classes and assignments, I went out with Waheed, unfortunately , I can't bank in my money as of yet, because I haven't received my Garda letters yet, so to Jervis Street we went, and I just had to take a peep in Penny's again. All of a sudden, I remembered that I had cold feet while walking around the house and I needed fleece slippers which looked so comfortable and was only 1.50 euro.Ka-Ching it went out of the pocket.:)
The pictures at the park you see were;t free. It'll not be called a picnic, without Donuts right? So I bought a packet of 6, which costs 1.18 euro.I did not however finish them all up by myself,mind you.;p
I did not buy anything unimportant the next day, but I had to fork out 30 euros for the first time for groceries, as it is house rule that everyone who arrived for the first time to fork out 30 euros. So anyway,starting from next week, it is 10 euros every week.
So after yesterday's registration, I had wanted to just crash at home,unfortunately, the guys and Amna had cordially invited me to go touring around dublin city, where I found out how 8 minutes walk, could get me to the Infamous Temple Bar.Anyway, Amna just arrived from her tour around Ireland, and needed to but some necessity and off to Penny's we did. I had restrained myself from buying, but I there was this huge belt, which costs only 0.50 cents, and I reallised that I'm going to lose some weight soon, so I better be prepared.Save it for a rainy day right? :)
Amna,Sya and I , went to the international department yesterday, and after waiting for an hour, the lady said that "All new students just write your details here and in 4 days, we will send you letter". Oh what a ****ggkT&%%67 , so we had to console our tired legs and Amna decided on Hot Chocolate.OMG, the hot choc tastes so good, and immediately, I felt like I had gained 2 kilos. Thanks to Amna, since she treated us for the heavenly yet sinful indulgence.:)
As we headed on to Jervis, to get to Anna's house,we obviously had to pass Jervis Street, and when you pass Jervis street, you just can't miss all the other buildings. I've told you how the archieture of the buildings looked and fantastic right? Obviously, I had to take a closer look, oh but to my utter amazement, it was a SHOPPING MALL. Double squeal!. I bought a towel(because the one mother gave me couldn't keep me dry properly,tak meresap lah bubu) and I bought a laundry bag for my dirty clothes. Both amounted 5.50 euros. So that was okay.:O
I was ready to head straight to Anna's when Am said that she needed to find shoes, because hers were, umm, dirty. We entered ILAC mall, and I went to Dunnes Store and the Accesorize shop. I could just die with the really cheap accessories. Yes dad, I don;t leavethings lying around anymore..:), But, I didn't buy accesories, I bought a big bag for College use,because I need to stuff my umbreallas in.The bag was only 5 euros,who could resist right?
In Dunnes store, right at the corner, I fell in love. Not with anyone, but with a Green Polka Dot top, which was on sale for 3 freaking euros.To top it all, at that bargain corner, was rider(remp-it) chic jacket/coat, whic was freaking 5 euros.So what did yours truly do? Open the wallet I did and I'm home with a really good posession.Satisfied? You bet I was.;D
Hey, that was not the end of my ka-ching adventure. We went to Han Yang, a korean restaurant to try the Kimbap and Seafood Steamboat, which was absolutely fantastic, I want to go there again with Fawzul. Again, many thanks to Amna, who treated us for the steamboat and I had to fork our 3euros for the kimbap. Oh I will let you into the details of the wonderful Kimbap, in my next entry.
A shopaholic in the making?I hope not.Anyone can calculate my expenses for me yet?
Till our next blog.
Your Wise,spendthrift daughter,
Mimi .:).
No comments:
Post a Comment