Pages

Friday, June 17

My Most Recent Update in 2016!

Is having a blog really that relevant anymore? I miss those days when I write what I have in mind. I miss those days when I'm in a social situation and I cannot wait to go home to blog about the event. I also miss having to go home to on the laptop to get connected to the internet. The overly smartphone makes everything real life that by the time I get home, information is almost obsolete. Dah BASI.

BUT, I still love reading blogs. And a selfish as I am, I wish those bloggers that I have read for years will continue blogging because they have been a part of me.

Anyway, it is halfway into 2016. To say that so many things happened the past 3 years or so is such an understatement I deserve a slap in the face. But the biggest and saddest highlight of this year is the sudden death of my father.

I cannot begin to write about it before it will reduce me to tears. Let's just say he was my biggest supporter when I started this blog. He always enjoyed reading my years of blogging while I was away in Dublin. It was out way to connect. I am his only daughter to take after his jovial humorous traits. We shared private jokes in public. We finish each other's jokes. He was the best father really. Aihhhh I cannot continue or my eyeliner and mascara will start smudging...Who am I kidding, ME in makeup in the office?

Who has time for that? Now that I'm a mother of an 18 months old toddler, everything needs to be fast and quick. Even my hijab too! Again, pttooooi why can't we just say tudung? Why do we have to say hijab? Anyway. yes. back to the story of my toddler, let me tell you this. I am those mothers who would allow my son to explore the house by himself (supervised of course). He climbs the TV cabinet (only because my husband is too lazy to look after our son anddd as revenge, I let my son climb the cabinet and pull the speakers..miahahah ). but shhh it's our secret. I mean sometimes, and I mean really sometimes when I cook, I can't be in front of the telly watching him now can I?

And when I bathe my son, I let him turn into a big fat raisin before I say ok, we are done with bathing, I mean the kid loves playing in there so don't you judge me!. But I put in very little water in the bath tub...OK, I still look after him...I scrub the toilet and the floor while he scoops water out of the bath tub...but I love him. Yes I do...

Now you are thinking I no longer work right? You are wrong. I am still working. A working mother. I think I will turn crazy if I do not go to work and socialise with my colleagues. I am those mothers who would still require help from my family. and extended family. Love that my mother and aunts are always a drive a way and ever so willing to take care of my little fat duck.

I can go on and on about him. But I shall stop with a picture of my son for you to go Awwww he looks just like mummy....or not!



ps-omg you can drag and drop onto blogger now? How times have changed! Do you guys still read this blog? If you do, please leave a comment and I will try and update more often if there are people reading! ;P

No comments: