Pages

Wednesday, June 13

How to look good in pictures 101

 Ahoy!

Since I've been going to a lot more weddings than I previously ever did I noticed a new tactic in striking a pose. Why I call this a tactic because I think woah, suddenly everyone looks at least 5 pounds slimmer with that pose.



Almost all of them have got one arm on their was it no?

I call it the "I'm a little teapot pose".  I strongly believe Tyra Banks was inspired by the popular nursery rhyme. But sadly, for me, where I am not blessed with long legs, I really do end up looking "Short and Stout"! -_-



I don't take as many pictures in Malaysia , I suppose since I don't travel that much, so most of my pictures are from weddings that I attend. Let me tell you how difficult it is to look slim or good in the traditional garb because the shape of the dress is almost square. But my friends, somehow have mastered the art of posing with the traditional dress. I mean I used to only pose with a peace sign beside my face, or a flying kiss motion! Until I realized many people are posing with the one arm on the waist look.

So this was my first try.  While everyone else's arms were elegantly placed, mine went all the way to the back like I was about to attempt a backstroke! Seriously look at all of my gfs!

So i thought, ok, let's give another shot, this time, by putting my arms lightly on my waist. Seriously, I think I look like someone with a backache holding on to her back. What was I thinking?

Then I got the hang of it and thought, there must be a way to do it right, so I tried again. but I think I look like a very cross teacher sedang"bercekak pinggang" and it did not make me look 5 pounds lighter! Look at Dew on the extreme left of the picture, she had done it beautifully, body slightly bent forward with the hand on the hip. Whereas I look so stiff!


Maybe I really need to watch America's Next Top Model before I can at least pose like a model. Hahaha. But first, I gotta lose those pounds to at least be able to think like one!

For those like me, who still cannot master the "I'm a little teapot" pose, fret not, sing along with me, here is my handle, here is my "sPOUT"!

 Yes, this is called the pout face, although I've seen many korean girls look way cuter with a pout, I probably look a little better than a goldfish swimming. Don't you think?

 It looks like I'm trying to cut my own lips!


Oh yeah, I think I'm getting a little bit better at it, or maybe it's the electric blue nail polish that makes this picture looks cool?


Oh yeah! Finally I think this picture of me is awesome. Still with the pout, but with almost no face showing. -_-. SIGH, does that mean I cannot have my face shown?

I mean look at them Korean girls!





Oh, you mean someone with chubby cheeks cannot do this look is it?  Oh by the way, did you guys know that the pose above is called Aegyo? I just found out while googling those images !! Aegyo aegyo! LOL.

Now everybody, sing along, I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT, SHORT AND STOUT.HERE IS MY HANDLE, HERE IS MY "sPOUT"! So which one are you? The teapot or the "spout"?

ps-all pictures of the Korean girls are courtesy of Google!

3 comments:

Lala Mui said...

the korean pics remind me of some people..LOL!!nice post adik...

oops did I just say that? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oops did I just say that? said...

i think I also know who. eh i know many people who do that too! hahaha aegyo aegyo