Pages

Wednesday, October 12

9.10.11 wedding




I don't know what it is about my life that always seems to attract the one thing I hate. Well hate may be a big word, but the one thing I really don't quite have the confidence for. Being the Maid Of Honour (MOH).

It's like I'm up there for the world to see my flaws. An also that need to look presentable enough to not embarass the bride yet minimal enough to not outshine the bride. I hate my arms and I hate how it looks like in photographs that I have no control of.  But as the other person (besides the Husband) who is forever with the bride, your picture gets taken too unintentionally. *flaps arms like a chicken*

Back to the main topic, Maid of Honour. How do you choose your maid of honour? Is it from someone to whom you are really close to or to someone who you can depend on for quick emergency solutions? On my most recent discussion with the bride herself, (hello Alia if you are reading this) she told me that she's heard people talking about choosing an ugly MOH. Ok ugly is a little harsh, but you know, someone not too pretty. Ah hah! But she told me how silly that remark was because you clearly do not want a Nenek Kebayan in your picture now, would you?

I get questioned a lot from Zaf and from my brother on both occasions that I became the chosen one as to why I agreed to be their MOH, my answer was simply because they are my friends. For someone born under the Virgo sign, it is very difficult to say no when help is needed. 

What I do realize from being MOH is that every family has their own culture that you have to abide by. The Johoreans have a different way and clearly the Sarawakians do too.  And Alia's was possibly one of the best, simplest and carefree wedding I've been to (other than my brother's hehe). No long waits, no protocols, no lengthy speech and best of all, awesome photo booth!

I don't think I look like I'm over-towering/over-"giant-ing" them

The Bride with possibly the uniquest wedding dress ever but I think it's super awesome!
The photobooth decoration done by the bride herself. ARCHITECT!
And another one. Why did I hold the TAKEN one? Potong ah.

 But you know what was also awesome about this one particular wedding? How fast all the girls bonded with each other. You know how it usually is when girls meet other girls, but trust me, these girls were just easy to hang out with and we talked like we were friends for a long time.

Oh, a picture during her solemnization in the morning! Lupa daaa. :D


No comments: