Pages

Saturday, May 28

Under the weather

So the weather has been unpredictable. It gets really hot one day and the next day it's lashing. I talked to a friend who is living Abu Dhabi a few weeks back and I was going on about the weather (I know, ugh weather stories, how more boring can u get right?) . I don't recall Malaysia ever being that hot, it reached 39 c when I was on my way to Shah Alam. See the thing is , just because I'm Malaysian they tend to forget that I lived in a country which gets minimal sunshine for a while so I do have days when I really cannot stand the heat. Yes I have been back for about 5 months now but I'm mostly indoors or in an air conditioned room. So she couldn't understand why I was giving her updates on the weather because oh well..y'know Malaysia is suppose to be hot. But the weather few weeks back got front page cover up by major newspapers too, so I wasn't acting up.

Anyway, the hot and cold weather had affected my skin somewhat badly. My pimples are all just waiting to pop up , hence the redness on my forehead and cheek areas. They are not natural pink rosy cheeks ok, well hmmm maybe without the bumps. So I finally succumbed and headed to Aster Spring after months of battling with the zits. I had used the Dermalogica products before and I know they work but because of how expensive they are, I had to wait till I have some extra money to pay for these babies below!

What I didn't know was when I asked the lady at the counter if they have any special packages and promotion, she gave me two options. 1) the rm1800 promo where u get x amt of things n services or 2)the rm3000 one. I was obviously very upset that they were so dear. I was thinking of an excuse to give her about rejecting the offer when I just blurted out " so expensive can I pay by installment ah?". Seriously do you guys find excuses or lie to the salesperson for not buying their products. Why can't we say no? Fear of sounding cheap? Embarassed? I find myself pitying the salesperson because hey selling is not easy.

And yes I felt for it and here I am now that much poorer. But worry not, with Maybank credit card, I only pay RM158/month for a year, andddd I get to use the products first! How awesome is that? Only thing is I borrowed mum's card! >.< Seriously what is up with banks not giving me credit cards? Aishhh . After 1 facial and zit popping treatment I can actually see some improvement. I have another facial coming up tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

See how the weather affected my skin and my money? There's a correlation between them ok. And I have been down with a very sore throat and have been sneezing my socks off. I told u before that I have a strong antibody , so the weather or the virus must have penetrated right to my core. Yikessss.

Till then, stay healthy people!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: