My colleagues are awesome and they are really trying to get everyone close to each other. Sometimes I think being a guy is a lot easier than being a woman because there is less drama involved. No, no there's no drama at work, but it's just my general view on women!
Anyway when boys are put in a same room, they immediately think of a way to bond and usually it is over football. For girls, it can be a bit difficult because not many are into sports and not many are even willing to try. So how are we suppose to bond again? So the boys suggested badminton because it is fairly easy for anyone with no experience as oppose to tennis or futsal to participate/enjoy. I did not want to join at first because I usually hit the gym after work, but seeing how badminton is exercise too, I agreed but I brought Gina along because well she is KPMG's badminton player and I didn't want us girls to look weak. Wahhh macam nak main competition je kan. And oh boy did she put some of the boys to shame!
So there were 8 of us over 2 courts in a badminton court somewhere in Subang Jaya and that place, I tell you..... has no ventilation at all. It was as stuffy and hot as a Sauna room! It has been years since I last held a badminton racket, somehow I never got around playing badminton more than I did tennis and I really have no idea why. I played for an hour lah at least.
I actually just realised how active I was in those years before I left for Dublin. I played tennis in my final year in UiTM almost on a daily basis. (they only built the court in my final year!) My roomates didn't want to join me because to them the tennis racket is heavy and because they are skinnier than me, they wouldn't be able to hit the balls right. So I played mostly with the guys and the lecturers. And in high school I played competitive golf for school and for the state, so I was out in the range and golf course after school a lot. I slowed down when I was 17 because of the SPM examinations. You would probably ask yourself why am I not thin if I claim to be so active right? But I was fit ok. Those are *self proclaimed* muscles ok!
And then right after SPM I was very active with Muay Thai in Abang Jak's studio in SS 15. I loved every second of it. As it was an unlimited class I went there almost every day. Can you imagine that? Plus my sidekick became very powerful. Epic! During one of my term breaks, I actually served as an apprentice in the studio. I had to teach people that came in from all different walks of life. I have probably mentioned this before, one of my students accidentally shoved his knee at my hip. "And I'm on tonight, my hips don't lie" but I wasn't in pain. I was just bruised and I'm not the type who bruise easily, so you can imagine how hard it was. No pain no gain baby!
Wait, how did I get this far when all I wanted was to talk about my badminton game with my colleagues? Haish, but I really do hope that I can stay active even after my shift hour starts! I'm hoping to start playing tennis again with my brother. Slowly but surely!
ps- the write would like to state that she is not that good in the sports mentioned but rather just a very average player.
Anyway when boys are put in a same room, they immediately think of a way to bond and usually it is over football. For girls, it can be a bit difficult because not many are into sports and not many are even willing to try. So how are we suppose to bond again? So the boys suggested badminton because it is fairly easy for anyone with no experience as oppose to tennis or futsal to participate/enjoy. I did not want to join at first because I usually hit the gym after work, but seeing how badminton is exercise too, I agreed but I brought Gina along because well she is KPMG's badminton player and I didn't want us girls to look weak. Wahhh macam nak main competition je kan. And oh boy did she put some of the boys to shame!
So there were 8 of us over 2 courts in a badminton court somewhere in Subang Jaya and that place, I tell you..... has no ventilation at all. It was as stuffy and hot as a Sauna room! It has been years since I last held a badminton racket, somehow I never got around playing badminton more than I did tennis and I really have no idea why. I played for an hour lah at least.
I actually just realised how active I was in those years before I left for Dublin. I played tennis in my final year in UiTM almost on a daily basis. (they only built the court in my final year!) My roomates didn't want to join me because to them the tennis racket is heavy and because they are skinnier than me, they wouldn't be able to hit the balls right. So I played mostly with the guys and the lecturers. And in high school I played competitive golf for school and for the state, so I was out in the range and golf course after school a lot. I slowed down when I was 17 because of the SPM examinations. You would probably ask yourself why am I not thin if I claim to be so active right? But I was fit ok. Those are *self proclaimed* muscles ok!
And then right after SPM I was very active with Muay Thai in Abang Jak's studio in SS 15. I loved every second of it. As it was an unlimited class I went there almost every day. Can you imagine that? Plus my sidekick became very powerful. Epic! During one of my term breaks, I actually served as an apprentice in the studio. I had to teach people that came in from all different walks of life. I have probably mentioned this before, one of my students accidentally shoved his knee at my hip. "And I'm on tonight, my hips don't lie" but I wasn't in pain. I was just bruised and I'm not the type who bruise easily, so you can imagine how hard it was. No pain no gain baby!
Wait, how did I get this far when all I wanted was to talk about my badminton game with my colleagues? Haish, but I really do hope that I can stay active even after my shift hour starts! I'm hoping to start playing tennis again with my brother. Slowly but surely!
ps- the write would like to state that she is not that good in the sports mentioned but rather just a very average player.
2 comments:
You used to do Muay Thai? Now that's cool!! :)
LPC: Yeah..do u too?? :D
Post a Comment