*read only if you don't mind rants!
When I was still kid and have no say to when I need to get my hair cut or styled, I just go to whatever shop that my mom chose. I hated having my hair cut because I hated how it would look afterward and more often than not, would result in my sister and I to tears.
I am starting to believe that all hairdressers are evil. Once they get a hold of your head, they become Edward Scissors-hand. Everyone knows how their own hair is like, maybe you don't know to the extend of your roots, but you know enough at this age what works and what doesn't. Is it that hard to just listen to what your customer wants? Of course all my ramblings have some basis to it.
1) I was a dissatisfied customer today when I went to get my ends trimmed. Although I loved the part where they shampooed and massaged my scalp, I hated what happened soon after.
2) After shampooing and then combing my hair, they tell me that my curls are not defined and it is not nice and that I should get a DIGITAL PERM done.
3) I said no.
4) I said no again.
5) I explained that it is because he just shampooed and combed my hair, therefor all the curls get spreaded, hence it is not defined. (read:rambut2 mat rockers)
6)He asked if my hair is permed or if it is natural. I told them it is wig., just to see his reaction. Haaa? was his reaction.
7) After he was done trimming my hair, he asked how I would like to blow dry my hair. I told him I would like to blow my hair with big curls at the end and straight on top. (I always get it done this way when I go for a trim).
8)Another lady did the styling and of course I just let her do whatever because I have seen different hairdressers do it different ways.
9) She blew my hair straight. Flat straight.
10) "Excuse me I wanted with big curls at the end"
11) She answered me back " Cannot, you hair cannot do". I asked Why not? "Because your hair style liddis cannot. "But I always get it done this way"
12) If you want curly, that's why I suggest you do DIGITAL PERM.
13) NO I am not going to perm my already curly hair, and don't give me bullshit about not being able to blow my hair with big curls at the end, I've been doing it!
14) Thank god it was only RM38. Agood v alue for wash,cut and blow.
My question remains, why do people in Asia general hate curly hair? I hate it when the first thing a hairdresser asks me is if I would like to do REBONDING! with a disgusted face. I have no offense with people who like their hair to be perfectly rebonded, but it does not work for me. It does not work for my face. I wet my hair every single day, so I hate the "KEJUNG" effect rebonding hair gets. Of course I know how it looks, I did it once when I was 15. The times when I went to get my hair done in Dublin, the Orangputihs never tell me to get my hair straightened they ask politely if I have ever straightened my hair. They tell me to embrace my hair.
When my Dad arrived home today and saw my perfectly straight flat hair, he repeatedly asked why my hair was straight and when it will be curly again. Of course he doesn't know that you can blow it straight temporarily. He kept saying how he prefers me with my curly hair and not such a perfect straight hair as I will lose my identity.
![]() |
| My eyebrows are like Shin Chan! Yay! |
But seriously, it is not like I hate straight hair, I think a lot of people look good in them and there are by far a lot more styles you can do with a straight hair. I just feel it accentuates the face.

8 comments:
ohh emm gee. embrace ur curls. u look 'ordinary' with straight hair.
* teringat 1st day i met u. with ur mustard big bag *
mi, this is a good cahnge sometimes wen u actually do hv the time to iron me.. like me no choice but t iron all d time :(
u look different! but the curls and you and made for each other :)
ermmm. i tak berpihak dengan other hairdressers tu ok!
to me, i always leave it as it is. meaning, kalau rambut dah straight, i takkan suggest do perming. rambut curly, don't do rebonding. even if it's just wavy and messy pun, please don't ever do rebonding!
selalu orang minta opinion i, and i biasanya ckp
"there's this thing yang namanya hairdryer. u nak straight/wavy/tight curls just do it as u wish. jangan gatal nak change it permanently."
(although i've done digital perm once,before. jadi kepala patung untuk testing machine)
LOL!
mimi you look slimmer...but the curls is your identity and u look so comel with the crazy curls.
Am: Hi, Amna eh?? Mimi here. hahah. OMG that was ages ago. Ndya lah nak sgt blow dry my hair!
Ana: Love the curls that is meant to be!
AJ: yeah my identity Abah bising gila my hair lurus. hahah
Hana: Yeah I don't like rambut rebonding ni. Nampak kejung kan!!
Acu:Slimmer cos I sucked in my cheeks!
What is hair rebonding?
I have naturally "big" hair, meaning wavy and hard to deal with, and I went through that whole issue of not accepting my natural hair. I got it permed a few times, and then the Japanese straightening a few times, colored, highlighted, everything!
After all that, I finally embraced my hair just the color and texture that it is. Much more budget friendly, and low maintenance. I always wanted what I didn't have, it seems. While I wanted straight hair like the girl next to me, she wanted wavy hair like mine, LOL! I am glad you like your curls, I love them!
Sarah: Rebonding is actually straightening. I don't know why it is called rebonding here. I did the japanese straightening thing before too! But noone else seems to have used it before, so I always tell them I did rebonding.
I think I prefer convenience that's why I'm happy with my hair. LOL.
Post a Comment