Pages

Wednesday, January 5

Is it Duhhhblin or just plain Dublin?

 The heading of my blog, which is "Is it Duh-blin or just plain Dublin?" was accidentally created while talking to Vimal, one of the senior associates that I worked with during my days as a Vacation Trainee in peedoubleyewcee. He introduced me to another associate who studied in Dublin who then tried to discourage me from studying in Dublin as she dubbed it BORING.

 The funny thing is, I only remembered mentioning it briefly to my mom about studying in Dublin, but I cannot recall why Dublin. Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing, and Dublin being in the Eurozone, would be a much cheaper option. Ekkkkkkkk Wrong! exchange rate yes, but living expenses? I think Dublin is more expensive. So fate has it that my parents attended a friend's daughter's wedding and they happened to work in Dublin. With all the stories of the melting gold pot in Dublin (Celtic Tiger prowl prowl economy), I landed in Ireland.

My first ever St Paddy's day! My kulit still so halus mulus, no jerawat, my hair still with highlights, ala-ala orang Pinoy.

And back to the story of the heading, so when I informed Lent about Dublin, and the both of us , who love to create tongue in cheek tag lines, came up with Duh...blin, to accentuate the boring state  Dublin is in, or perceived to be. [For the not so young ones, DUH is used to express disdain for something deemed stupid or obvious, especially a self-evident remark.] Or for regular Homer Simpson's fans, D'OH! So it's been stuck ever since and I have always told people that I live in Duhhhblin! (idegham jaga ye kawan2), not Dewblin, not Dablin but Duhhblin. 

And since I will be heading back to Kuala Lumpur, (these streets will make you feel brand new), I think the heading will need to be changed. But right now, at the moment, I have no clue what it should be. It must be something close to being funny or interesting enough to raise an eyebrow. Any ideas??

2 comments:

Babe said...

MAintain the heading... cute ape :) mcm ko punye trademark " Mimi Dublin"

Bawah tu je tukar...

oops did I just say that? said...

Pueh den memikir heading baru. hehe.