It's great to have good support system even if you are miles away. These days I find myself getting annoyed a lot at work.Mostly by youknowwho, but lately there's also this auditor who after going for a 1 month study break, he came back not knowing how to read, or so I think because I have to explain 5 times what a document (heck it was just a few sentences) said.
Auditor: "Mimi, Lis sentence, I'm not very understanding and confusing". [Oh indeed you are not understanding! And you are one confused soul!]
Mimi: Lat sentence or Lis one? [I know, I'm so mean!!But hey a pear for a pear, an eye for an eye, kan?]
Auditor: Lis one.
Mimi: (biar betul mamat ni jawab aku balik, I was just pulling your legs lar)
That's a bit of fun fact for your to know what I'm like when I'm stressed out. I make work sounds funny in my head. I imagine conversations that will take place or what I would have said in a given situation. But that conversation above, really did take place.:D
Anyway, other than making up conversations in my head, I send daily emails to my girlfriends, who are in the coolest of location, New York and London. Alice is still studying,so it's a bit hard there. I love that we can be geeky and cool at the same time. Cool in our own context, that is. So I've been sending them pictures from the last time we had a mini reunion in Prague, like ages ago. I wish for our next reunion to be in New York, but this time to include Alice as well. You know maybe I should start to plan this all out; 5 years time in New York. That would sound totally awesome isn't it? But there have been talks about a reunion in KL next October in conjunction with Sue Ann's wedding.
Why I love these girls like I love my ikan bilis is not only because I've known them since I was 13,but it shows that no matter where we are, even when Facebook wasn't invented yet, we stuck by through thick and thin. (In my case, I'm still not thinla, but Lent is slowly and surely getting there). We may all have different personalities and different interests (ie, Lent isn't much a reader, whereas myself, Dee and Liz love to read. Lent loves Rave and Clubs, whereas I would only occasionally join them for a night out), but hey whatever rocks our boat, right?
Since some of us, have felt like there was a dark cloud hanging, I sent them pictures from our last reunion to their work emails. Our companies suck because they block Gmail, Gmail Chat and Facebook. So we have to abuse our office email addresses once in a while.Just for a bit of laugh in the afternoon.






3 comments:
seriously i kagum how the way you interact with your friends even dorang jauh2 serata dunia..
in my situation , x tau nak trigger back the relationship even msg2 dok kl jer pon.
or am i yg running from them. something to learn from u ni cik mimi = D
Yes mi, your chinese siblings memang kamcing dari dulu lagi.Agak nya sampai tua kot.Hehe
Faizul: Susah mmg susah nak maintain friendship, but I rasa kaum lain, senang sket, mentaliti berbeza, tapi I ada jugak kwn2 rapat yg Melayu, tapi I kenal dierang dulu.. But I understand when you say u r running away, I do that sometimes..:D
Ibu: Ha'ah Ibu mesti ingat kan diorang!
Post a Comment