Pages

Saturday, October 2

Jersey Day- Ireland

Today is GOAL Jersey Day. Every October 1st, my company will sign up to join this charity event organised by GOAL to raise money for a good cause. We are all encouraged to parade our favourite team's jersey. Jersey of any sports team, not just football ok! Excuse the look on my face. I was like maybe i shouldn't smile becos somebody might suddenly burst in to the toilet, so I should have that constipated face. JUST IN CASE.

Majority of the guys were wearing Manchester United's jersey. Yours truly included, ihsan dari Capek. But I didn't know the one I was sporting would cause a commotion and a handshake. Apparently it was the jersey when MU won the Champions League back in 2008. I got the approving nod from the guys and they told me that I was off to a good start supporting the right club and that they are willing to teach me football. Pfft. No way am I going to start to follow football. The guys in my family do not follow football.Hello Golf!

Apparently the white logo on the jersey is not easy to get. I bet they have it in Golok. Kan Abah kan?

Anyway, some had the Irish jersey to support Hurling and Rugby. Nobody wore the ENGLAND jersey. Nyehehe mau mati ka? tanya Capek. So my SV(supervisor) came in and saw me with the jersey. He started a conversation with me.

This Mongolian girl wore a Malaysian Football jersey. She must have a Malaysian boyfriend.

SV: "You support Man U?"
ME: "Oh, yeah." (rather reluctantly just because I can foresee where this conversation is leading to;football)

SV: "They are not winning now..bla bla...their supporters are arrogant..bla bla..Manchester City bla bla..Did you watch the game last night?"
ME:*gulps* "was it yesterday or the day before?" (buat-buat tau je ada game only because I remembered my friend watching Valencia against Manchester City sometime this week).

SV: "No, yesterday's Liverpool against Man City"
ME:"Ugh.haha.No. Ok FINE, the only reason I am wearing MU’s jersey is because the people in the house supports MAN U and this jersey is loaned. " said I, to myself.

And..Oh sorry, we were in the topic about charity. So yes, GOAL is "a non-profit organisation that an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation." . Read more about them in goal.ie

I suppose this is a very effective manner to get people involved. We usually like to get involve if it doesn't burden us. Just by saying please donate this for a good cause, most people will be reluctant to do so.

Will it work in KL if you say,Turn up in your most fashionable handbag, and donate some money to charity,I bet you the Ladies will either :

a) parade their latest birkin/vernis/jumbo or


b) pretend to use Guncci or Dori handbags instead.

Anyway, if it's all for a good cause and you have fun doing so,why not?

No comments: