Pages

Wednesday, September 22

Tu...Tu..Tu..TUNANG

What happens when your very close best friend (let me remind you again, friends from when you were only 15), is a notch closer to tying the big knot? You feel this sudden surge of emotions, happiness but also deep down have that tinge of sadness. The happy sort. Only because she will soon not be able to come to you whenever you want her to because, well..... she has (going to have lah) a husbanG.

Aww..isn't she pretty?

She is my first closest best MATE to get engaged. Shows how many close friends I have kan..or shows how my close friends are more career minded...eh, ke it shows how the rest are soooo choosy?

I've seen her go through relationships after another and then boom, she meets the right person, and she is now engaged! I am always happy when my friends are happy. Because then, when we hang out and make all those stupid jokes, I know that that laughter is a genuine laugh. Not one that is hiding a tale of sorrow.

It was probably good timing that I was back in KL in time for her engagement ceremony. Although I would have really wanted to stay longer, but time was being a biatch and I still had a lot of packing to do. But I was honoured to have been one of the turquoise Dulang girls (although I was late). Again I have to apologize as I had so many things that needed to be settled on that day as I had a flight to catch the next day.


Most of them are friends from my high school. And some are Gina's friends from work/college.

And coincidentally it was also her birthday. It's nice isn't to have a double celebration? And the best birthday present for that year.....a fiance? Hehe.

Yea,yea of course my friends are as wacko as me. Just look at the picture above!

I hope with the new responsibility as a fiancee, she would still be able to get my jokes without me having to mention it. This girl works like magic. She knows when I am about to say something funny because she'll laugh so hard before I can even finish my sentence. So jyeah, to my mate, Gina, Congratulations on your engagement and well...hope to see you soon on the wedding dais.





PS- we used to joke around saying something like "Hello2 oh no wonder I call u cannot get through! you're ENGAGED!" shit. how come it's funny only when I say it with her?

PPS- one of the biggest laugh I had with Gina was when we were in Tokyo and we were pretending to be a SUMO in the SUMO outfit in the Hotel room. I mean obviously I looked like the SUMO, but we still pretended anyway. And then we smelled the hot water in the kettle, it was SO smelly and we ended up laughing again. I cannot remember why we laughed so hard that night.

PPPS- And the days of solving missions after missions. Giving everyone and everything nicknames. Those were those carefree days I miss the most.

Tak termasuk kategori ps, but my cousin, Adik, when she was younger likes to joke around and say Kak Mimi tengok tu. When I ask her Tu apa, she'll say "Tu tunanggg" and I'll be rolling my eyes. Because it's not funny. Haha, ok now it's funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mi, so difficult to find u among the birus,anyway u should have worn the jubah coz its all turquois.