I have actually reached 3 years of employment with my current company.
I am that loyal, even though we've only been given a salary review twice.Thanks to the recession that hit the world in 2009,we are still trying to stay afloat in 2010. Times are had for Ireland. It is equally bad for my company as we've seen a lot of out major clients closing their Funds.

If this was to be my karangan darjah 6, it'd read something like"Sejak kebelakangan ini, ramai syarikat terpaksa menggulung tikar dek kerana ekonomi yang semakin merosot"
But because this is my blog, I'd have to rewrite to something like"Dek kerana ramai sangat orang-orang hisap dadah, ganja dan mabuk todi yang terpaksa ditanggung kerajaan kau, negarakau mengalami kemelesetan ekonomi yang sangat teruk. Setiap Khamis kau dapat duit, kau beli arak dan setiap kali kau mabuk kau gaduh, kau cedera, ambulans datang ambik, tak perlu bayar pun."
Ok let's go down to memory lane when I landed a job here thanks to Robert Half International and my supposedly sharp mind. (what my supervisor said lah). Because he is a very intelligent man who is an Engineer by profession and whom by now has an MBA, is a CPA member, CIA member,has a Diploma in Bankers and is now thinking of doing his PHD, I thought, uishh, kalau orang bijak macam ni hire aku, he must've seen a potential in me.




So after work started for about a year, it all seemed fine and dandy " ha'ah he did hire me because I am sharp"(kembang hidung),until the arrival of..... Encik Korek Hidung dan Telinga depan aku ni dihire. ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist).Nasib tekak tak boleh korek je kan?
And then I started to question myself."hamaigaddd...please tell me u hired him just because he told you he has 4 years of working experience right??" or did you see the same potential you saw in me, in HIM?"

Huwaaaa....so bermulalah episod, kenapa aku boleh rapat dengan team member sorang lagi. Sebab semua tak puas hati dengan Encik ENT depan aku ni.Ok, I don't want to touch about other people's work lah, takut karma, so I can only story mory you about his antics.
Sorry I was suppose to tell you the story before I landed this job and all the interviews I went to kan? Hehe.
Everytime I sent in my cover letter, I will mention that I don't mind any location. Haaa, budak foreigner ni desperate benor. True enough, some agents sent me all over the place. Sesat? Tak payah citer lah. Sampai balik rumah nak nangis patah pinggang berjalan. Buses after buses, Luas after Luas(like a tram). The one I can still remember clearly was when I was short by 20 cents to take a bus ride home but there was no atm in sight. It was one hell of an experience!!! Nak nangis.
Because it's a different story if I was back home in KL, I can use my mom as my GPS " Ibu, the interview is in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, kat mana tu bu?" And she'll direct me right to the main entrance of the office,with shortcuts included. That's my mom, the KL road specialist. Oh, and in a fully air-conditioned CAR.
Being rejected because " Oh you only have 5 papers left?We are looking for someone who has at least 10 papers and wants to be staying here long". Tau tak perasaan kena reject sebab kononnya "overly qualified"?
Also being rejected because your answers seem to be the same (can't remember the exact word). Hehe, kata google kat internet tips, mesti ada terciplak sket. Kan?
But the one question that you cannot lie is " What are you strengths and weaknesses? Time ni lah my answers were so formal.
" I don't see it as a weakness, but rather as a form to improve myself. No one is perfect, but I find myself ______________-. Cannot write my own kelemahan here. Kotlah future employer baca ni, dia dah tau jawapan aku.

Hell it wasn't easy being interviewed by an Irish. Have ye guys heard the slang of a true blue Irish? Haaaa, setakat kau dengar Emmmm, Grand , Banjaxed tu normal sangat dah tu. But, they were generally nice and kind with foreigners. Bab yang aku fail when it comes to technical question being asked. Time tu lah gelak2 manja "Ahaks, I don't have it at the top of my head at the moment" BIMBS habis. tak suka.
So anyway, fast forward 3 years later, here I am, writing this entry so that my future kids can read what I went through to land a job here. It's not that bad lah if you compare to other people, but this is my story. Just glad that they have not retrenched me or any of us during this hard time. Sayanggggggg T*A.....Please just naikkan gaji purty pleasee :D
PS-kalau lah dah lepas semua paper memang dah QUALIFY tau?! Tapi sebab masih ada 3 papers....
PPS- All pictures were from 2 years ago. I sungguhla tak suka pergi bersosial minum air oren kat tempat2 ni.
"What drinks would you like?"
"Get me a coke please?"
"Ohh c'mon. Rum and Coke?"
" Dey, I'm tee-total!!"
2 comments:
Mi,ofis mi ni kekawan semua kuat minum todi.Harap kerja pun tak shoddy hehe....
hahaha that rhymes ibu!
Post a Comment