Pages

Monday, August 16

Snap That!

This is the look of a Muslim woman in an Ongputih society.One foot right up in the sink, taking the ablution and almosttoppling backwards due to the lack of balance. [easier read as:fat]. Truth is, I almost toppled backwards because I thought I heard the door swinging, someone would think this Asian girl is at it again. Remember the time I was garglingmy mouth and a lady repeatedly told me that the water is not for drinking and it's bad for me? Yes, that look is what I don't want to get. Heeeee..


I forgot my Snapple bottle lah that's why.




There's a little story behind this Snapple bottle of mine. It fell once in the toilet and I was so afraid that it wouldcrumble into pieces. Those very few nanosecond before it hit the ground, I was already thinking about dashing out ofthe toilet so that I would not need to admit to a shattered, SNAPPLE glass bottle, IN THE TOILET! Why would anyonedrink Snapple in THE TOILET right?!


Thank God it didn't. I swear that if IT had feelings and legs, it would probably be running away from such an ungrateful Master. There was this once, when the bottle was on the counter infront of the mirror and somebody came dashing in tothe toilet. I wanted to make a jump for it , but time wasn't on my side and an Irish lady saw it. I casually touched my face an dlooked at the mirror and then looked at the bottle and then looked at the lady slowly. She was giving me that look that says "Oh my god, whyis this Asian lady bringing drinks in the toilet?". But I gave her back a look that says " Oh my god, I totally understand what you are saying, but this bottle is also not mine and it's been sitting there ever since I came", while shaking my headfrom side to side, Indian style.


You may think that I am exaggerating, but please remember this is a country where they don't use "ice cream containers"as tupperwares to keep food in. I think only Malaysians does it. Taperware aiskrim in Malaysia always contain BihunGoreng..kan? But my late Grandmother up sket lah, she uses the blue Danish cookies tin to put in her medications. Recyling at its best! And keeps her water in the classic F&N cordial sarsaparilla plastic bottle.Now beat that!

PS-Be grateful you Malaysian people for you have waterpipes and rubber hose in the toilet!


PPS- So tell me what containers do you use as your "tupperware"?

4 comments:

ARZ said...

Momoi,
Reminds me of the song "great pretender". I know... know...you are going to ask me, "Eh abah, which era is that?". My answer : "certainly not era Fazira" heh..heh..enjoy your Snapple

oops did I just say that? said...

Abah cannot enjoy Snapple lah fasting lah..17 hawers remember.. I still don't know the Pretender!

Ninie said...

Hi Mimi,

You left a comment in my blog about that tennis court in Saujana :)

I have my Snapple story too! Never had Snapple in my life before, I went crazy and had like 5 Snapples a day when I was in New York & brought a couple of empty bottles home just because I thought they were too cute!

Imagine my surprise when I found Snapples selling like Gardenia bread in a simple Chinese kedai runcit in Saujana Bungaraya Condo, LOL!

oops did I just say that? said...

Ninie:
Thanks for hitting me back. I have this soft spot for Sauajana.Hehe.

Hahaha..so much for the extra weight for the Snapple bottle! I love them too!! But it's soo expensive! LOL I am so Malaysian!